Nancy Drew: Help Us Keep Inspiring Girls Through Games!
Nancy Drew: Help Us Keep Inspiring Girls Through Games!
Her Interactive created the #1 PC adventure franchise – Nancy Drew.* Let’s take the award winning series to smart phones and tablets!
Her Interactive created the #1 PC adventure franchise – Nancy Drew.* Let’s take the award winning series to smart phones and tablets! Read more
Are you ready to play Nancy Drew games anytime, anywhere? With your help… you will! Dare to Play!
We have been blessed with the best fans in the world and we love making games for our community of adventure gamers. With that in mind, we invite our fans and supporters to join us as we prepare to take Nancy Drew games mobile.
Our first step is to move our PC/MAC games to tablets and smart phones where everyone is playing games now. We will start by porting our award winning title Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen to the iOS and Android platforms.
Reaching a larger audience means that we can invest more in each Nancy Drew game. So everyone benefits from this move, whether you play our games on your PC, your Mac or a mobile device.
But to port Nancy Drew games to tablets and smart phones, we need to raise some funds. That’s where you come in.
If this project ignites your passion, please consider making a pledge towards this project today. You can also help by spreading the word about our Kickstarter campaign to your family and friends.
Let our Design Team of Cathy, Nik and Tim walk you through Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen. Just press play!
Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen has been one of our most successful titles to date. Not only did our fans enjoy this harrowing adventure, but it also received extremely positive reviews from the media. It’s the perfect choice to port our first title to tablets and smart phones. Check out these reviews of the PC/MAC version:
Critical acclaim for Tomb of the Lost Queen:
“Tomb of the Lost Queen is one of the best ever of the Nancy Drew mysteries. I rate it 4/4 Stars.” -- USA TODAY
“I applaud Her Interactive for entertaining me and making me feel like an Egyptologist simultaneously. I look forward to the next game! 4/5 stars.” -- GameZebo
“…Tomb of the Lost Queen is an entertaining experience from start to finish.” -- TruePCGaming
“...I really enjoyed playing Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen. I highly recommend it to any adventure game fan.” -- Adventure Classic Gaming
Fan reviews of Tomb of the Lost Queen:
“Tomb of the Lost Queen is one of Her Interactive’s best games... and I'm not even sure I can think of a game that comes close to the quality of this one.” – Gingerhorses
“I thought Tomb of the Lost Queen was a great game and I'd be thrilled if all future games were of the same quality.” – BrownieFreak3
“I voted 9/10, a truly magnificent game/work of art.” – Safecracker
“I loved it! For me it was the perfect mix of puzzles and character interaction.” – mdetective12
More about Tomb of the Lost Queen
Egyptologists and archaeologists are abuzz about recent discoveries by a university dig team, but suspicious accidents left the group isolated and leaderless. Is a curse burying their progress or is someone sabotaging their success? Find out as you assume the role of Nancy Drew and uncover the lost secrets buried within the Tomb of the Lost Queen!
Some of the key features of the PC/MAC version include:
• Translate Hieroglyphs! Decipher ancient clues and warnings
• Uncover Hidden Chambers! Reassemble artifacts and solve ancient puzzles
• Discover Egyptology! Play games and learn about early Egyptian life
• Sleuth with a New Interface! Review important goals and notes in seconds
• Enjoy Enhanced Graphics! Immerse yourself in the most richly detailed Nancy Drew mystery ever
• Select Difficulty Levels! Play at Amateur or Master Sleuth level
• Since 1930, Nancy Drew has been a positive role model and icon inspiring both women and girls alike. She represents all those characteristics we aspire to – she’s smart, gutsy, resourceful and gets the job done.
• More than 200 million books sold in 22 languages.
• Famous Nancy Drew fans include: Supreme Court Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Sandra Day O’Connor, former First Lady Laura Bush; TV personalities Oprah Winfrey and Barbara Walters; mystery authors Nancy Pickard, Sara Paretsky, P.M. Carlson, and Susan Kandel; plus actresses Barbara Streisand, Emma Roberts and Ellen Barkin.
- These daring and challenging games inspire players to track down clues and crack the case as they assume the role of legendary teen sleuth Nancy Drew. Players interact with a complex cast of characters who have secrets of their own.
- Sharpen your mind – our games require critical thinking, deductive and inductive reasoning, and engage the memory and learning areas of the brain. For younger players, our games help build reading and computer skills.
- Cultural discovery – our fictional games have a factual basis, providing the opportunity to discover new places, people and cultures. Exposure to different languages, culture, folklore, and historical references and characters is a fun and engaging way to learn.
- Real world locations – our games enable players to travel the world, visiting settings around the world to experience new culture, language and history. Players explore exotic, beautiful and richly diverse locations with varied landscapes, architecture, animals – and surprises.
- For everyone - expressively animated characters, detailed environments, and multiple difficulty levels make Her Interactive’s Nancy Drew games suitable for a broad range of ages and skill levels, ages 10 to adult.
- Crack the case - as Nancy Drew, players solve each mystery by putting together facts from conversations, puzzles, cryptic notes and hidden messages. If players become stuck, they can call on Nancy’s best friends for helpful hints and additional clues.
- Multi-generational family play - the Nancy Drew franchise bridges the generations. The world’s most famous girl detective is as inspiring today as she ever was. Moms who grew up on Nancy Drew are introducing our games to their daughters and their own mothers. Women and girls love the empowering nature of our games.
- Lasting popularity - Nancy Drew is 82 years young this year!
Her Interactive is the leading mystery-maker and pioneer of fun and inspiring interactive entertainment targeted to female play preferences. The company, with 26 awards to its name, designs, develops and publishes high-quality mystery adventure games, and is the world leader in the mystery games category. Her Interactive's Nancy Drew games have sold more than 9 million copies. This success is buoyed in part by the ever-increasing numbers of girls and women becoming avid game players. Nancy Drew players now include moms who have introduced their daughters to the girl detective, making her one of history's longest-running iconic figures spanning generations. As the number one PC mystery/adventure franchise since 2004, unit sales of the Nancy Drew series have exceeded those of Harry Potter, Myst and Tomb Raider games.
Fast Facts about Her Interactive
• Headquartered outside of Seattle, Her Interactive was established in 1995.
• Her Interactive released their first game, Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill in 1998.
To port a game to a mobile platform like iOS or Android costs money. To finance the production, promotion, and distribution of mobile games, companies like Her Interactive usually have to rely on other sources of funding. While these external investment sources sometimes work, their involvement is not without their drawbacks. Thanks to Kickstarter, we now have a viable alternative that puts the fate of this mobile game directly in the hands of our fans and ardent supporters.
Kickstarter has been an incredible source of funding for many game companies. We hope that with your support, we can be among the list of the “Successfully Funded.”
We are offering a lot of exciting rewards during this Kickstarter campaign. Check out which reward is associated with each pledge level on the right hand side. Here are a few samples of the fantastic rewards you will receive:
• Coaching session with Lani Minella (the voice of Nancy Drew)
• A trip to the Her Interactive studios in Bellevue, WA
• Copy of Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen (PC/MAC)
• KoKo Kringle chocolate bars
• Nancy Drew Kickstarter Poster
• Nancy Drew leather taxi wallet
• Soundtrack from Tomb of the Lost Queen
• …and so much more!!!
Please note: These items will be shipped for free in the US. Please add an additional $10 to your pledge for international shipping.
Check out these hilarious outtakes from our main Kickstarter video. As you can see, Stuart Moulder (The Gumshoe Kid) and Megan Gaiser (Sleuth Meister) should probably keep their day jobs. Clearly they had a lot of fun during the production of this video.
Our fans also have a lot of fun telling us how much they enjoy Nancy Drew games and how these games have impacted their lives. Here's an example from Mallory or you can check out other testimonial videos here.
* Per the NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service: The Nancy Drew series is the #1 PC Adventure franchise in units for 6 consecutive years outselling Harry Potter, Myst and Lord of the Rings.
- (35 days)