Happy New Year!
We’ve had a busy holiday season full of prepping and planning for the new year and it’s good and time to give y’all an update on the state of things!
We’ve been working out some production/budget issues and I’m happy to report that we’ve resolved them with packaging techniques. The short version is that running two separate SKUs was going to cost more for an equivalent run than a single, larger SKU. Like nearly twice as much, which started stretching the money a lot thinner than we’d like. So we’ve combined BCV2 into a single thicker box.
There are upsides and downsides to this decision, that mostly have to do with retail marketing, but especially with card count. When we got to the first step of assembling all the files, we realized that the move to the 108 card box would leave us far more shy on cards than we were comfortable with. (Figuring this out was a major part of the December delay). So we hired out another small stack of cards and while they were turned around quickly, U.S. holidays, business closures, and the like all contributed to a certain amount of stacked inability to get things done. And now as of today they have been shipped to the manufacturer, and the payment for manufacturing has been sent!
All in all, the initial expected date of September was not so much a bad guess as to fulfillment timing, as it was a bit of a victim of assumption of ease of finishing. We didn’t have to do very much new writing, but we did end up with a lot of smaller, difficult to predict elements that stacked up.
Thanks for riding along, we’ll have more information for you soon!