About this project
Electric bike, you are a rocket. You power down streets and trails, effortlessly passing other sweatier riders. You are energetic, mighty, and silent. You make normal humans pedal like gods.
Fat bike, you are a beast. You swim across sand, snow, gravel, and dirt, and plow through potholes and bumps. You dominate terrain like no other. Paired with a super-human with quads as large as your legendary tires, you are unstoppable. The unfortunate corollary is that, when pedaled by a mere mortal, you are, well, kinda sluggish. We have someone you need to meet.
Fat bike, meet electric bike. Together, you are just scary good, so good that the Yin and Yang are jealous of your synergy. At the command of a mere mortal, you are a mercilessly destructive and unstoppable force - a Juggernaut.
We at Biktrix knew these two would hit it off, and so we created the Biktrix Juggernaut - the world’s best fat electric bike for under $2000. This thing is a beast, and we have had a ton of fun riding the prototype for the past few months. We are really excited to make it available to you via this Kickstarter campaign.
Who rides the electric bikes?
Biking and perspiring feels great, except when you're walking into your office sweaty and in need of a shower.
Use multiple levels of pedal assist and thumb throttle to zip your way through to work without overexertion. On your way back home, turn off the pedal assist and get that daily workout you always wanted.
Operating an e-bike will cost less than $1 per 100 kms. That's often times more economical than public transport. Why not cut commuting costs while still get a healthy workout?
Are you often the chaser, trying to chase your partner on a bike? Is the fear of not keeping up to your partner's pace keeping you from biking together?
With the Juggernaut, you can now get up to speed with less effort - completely adjustable levels of electric assist.
Do you always keep wanting to go farther or faster? With our mid-drive system, use your bike's rear gears in combination with the level of electric assist to go farther in your cross-country trip or faster in your uphill climb.
Have you stopped biking because you're concerned that you may over exert yourself? Perhaps an injury is stopping you?
Think again. The Juggernaut will allow you to enjoy a leisurely ride along scenic routes with maximum ease, up to more than 50 km at a time! Use different assist levels to recover from your injury and get the exercise you need.
The active potato:
Are you or someone you know stuck to their couches watching TV or playing video games?
The Juggernaut can bring back a lot of thrill to biking - motivating you to go farther - places no other vehicles are allowed. Perfect gifts for teens!
What makes Juggernaut great?
- Great traction: Due to the larger contact surface, fat tires offer better grip than any other tires in situations like snow, sand, gravel, or rocks.
- Amazing shock absorbing ability: Fat tires are rated for ultra low pressure (5-35 psi), which absorbs imperfections, giving you a great riding experience.
- No flats: Nothing is worse than getting stranded on a bike due to a flat tire, and the puncture resistant tires used on the Juggernaut make your chances of getting a flat very slim to none.
Best electric drive line:
- Powerful motor: The 500W crank motor is greater than 80% efficient and gives you plenty of power and torque to climb up any incline.
- No drag: Since our motor freewheels about the crank, there is no unnecessary drag. If your battery dies, just pedal the Juggernaut like a regular bike.
- Worry-free, maintenance-free, removable battery: The built-in state-of-the-art Battery Management System (BMS) allows you to leave the battery plugged in as long as you want. The BMS will cut off supply to individual cells if they are over/under charged.
- Open platform: Built on an open platform, the Juggernaut allows the owner to swap its complete electric system to any other bike (compatible with 90% of bikes) with basic bike tools. Open platform also allows you to opt for any 48V battery. We do not want to tie you in with a proprietary battery that costs a lot to replace.
- Ease of use: The controls and LCD display on the handlebar are intuitive and easy to use. The LCD even tracks useful information such as speed, total distance travelled, trip distance travelled, level of assist, and battery life.
- 8 speed transmission: Since the Juggernaut is crank driven, you can leverage the gears of the bike as the transmission for the motor. This means the motor can buzz along effortlessly whether you are climbing a steep hill or just cruising at top speed.
- Great aftermarket support: The Juggernaut uses the popular Bafang mid-mount motor. This motor is very durable and has been around for a long time. It even has great aftermarket support for upgrades.
We took lots of time and care to design our bikes so that they can be ridden by everyone: young or old, male or female, professional or casual cyclists.
To customize the bike fit further, all our bikes come equipped with an adjustable stem and a choice of 3 different seat posts.
The stem can pivot 70 degrees, giving you an the ability to raise or lower the height of the handlebar about 5 inches.
The compact frame design and angle of the seat tube gives a lot of flexibility for seat height.
We will offer 3 different seat post choices:
Short for riders 5' 1" to 5' 6" (155cm - 167.5cm)
Medium for riders 5' 6" to 5' 11" (167.5cm - 180cm)
Large for riders 5' 11" and above (190.5cm+)
We will follow up with you once our Kickstarter campaign is finished and ensure we get you a Juggernaut that fits you perfectly.
Safety a priority:
We have strived to make the Juggernaut as safe as it is fun to ride. The Juggernaut has great quality disk brakes as standard equipment, which work much better than conventional v-brakes, especially in wet road conditions.
The brakes automatically cut off power to the motor, which is a very important safety feature that ensures the motor doesn't kick in when you are trying to stop.
The spokes on the Juggernaut are 13ga spokes, which offer better stiffness and rigidity for the wheels compared to standard 14ga spokes.
The LCD display even has a backlight for night riding.
Warranty: 1000km/1 year (whichever comes sooner) warranty on the whole bike for the original owner against manufacturing defects.
Components and technical specifications:
Frame: Aluminum alloy 6061 T6
Tires: 26"×4.0", puncture resistant K-shield (KENDA)
Rim: Aluminum alloy twin wall and CNC side wall
Stem: Ritchey Adjustable stem
Spokes: 13ga stainless - black
Brakes: Tektro disc brakes front and rear
Gears: Shimano 8 speed Alivio
Headset: Waterproof Neco headset
Pedal: Wellgo flat shoe pedal
Chain: High strength rust resistant KMC chain
Kickstand: Heavy duty aluminum side kickstand
Saddle: Velo comfort
Motor: 48V 500W/750W Bafang 8fun BBS02 motor with custom firmware
Display: C961 Bafang display
Battery: 51V 10.4/11.6Ah Samsung/Sony battery
Charger: 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 2A smart charger
Max speed: 32kmph or 20mph (/Canada)
Basic pedal assist: 50-60 km
Throttle only: 15-20 km
Load capacity: 125 Kg
Net weight: ~27 Kg with battery
Risks and challenges
Biktrix has finalized on the design and the initial prototype is ready. That said, some risks and challenges might come our way when we start our first large-scale production of the Biktrix Jaggernaut, and we want to be upfront about that. Kickstarter projects come with some degree of risk inherent in product development. Our backers invest in us, so we want to do everything we can to minimize the risks involved.
We have partners in Canada, US, and China for manufacturing and assembly. Once all parts are checked for quality, they will be shipped to Biktrix headquarters in Saskatoon, where the bikes will be assembled.
We will strive to be very open and transparent to our backers, and will update you on every milestone.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Currently we are primarily shipping to US and Canada. However, we can ship to other countries provided you cover the additional shipping and import duty. Please contact us for your specific country.
Support this project
- (40 days)