About this project
SAVE up to 30% on single items, up to 60% with Reward Combos!
The FIRST 50 BACKERS will receive a FREE STICKER PACK of durable, outdoor stickers!
Studio La Mouche is a dynamic collection of Ottawa Artists, whose work will be available through the Studio in various forms. Along with the types of reproductions listed above, Studio La Mouche will carry original Artwork - one-of-a-kind pieces.
The Studio will make Art accessible, Art that you’d want to add to your life’s backdrop. Follow and encourage Artists throughout their development, and discover new Artists as the Studio brings them forward.
Shown below are the Rewards available, a good representation of the products Studio La Mouche would sell in the future:
Choose wisely! A backer can only make one pledge per project.
*** See Reward pictures below table ***
Add 20$ to any pledge to receive an 8"x10" Certificate in your name and signed by Lucie B.
5 awesome wallpapers to fit all your high resolution needs!
Mini Prints of 5"x7" in size, so you can slip a little bit of Art into any old corner. Visit studiolamouche.com to see bigger versions of the images.
Make your own custom shirt! Yes, only for use on shirts. The Stencil is a semi-rigid piece of plastic that can be reused over and over. Shown below is the result of my spray paint test.
For all Rewards including Prints, Prints of either size can be chosen. Prints available to choose from also include all Prints unlocked when Stretch Goals are met (see Stretch Goals further down). Visit studiolamouche.com to see bigger versions of the images.
The sketchbook is 6.5"x8.5" in size, contains 100 pages and is covered with matte black stamped genuine bonded leather.
Soft, poly-cotton shirts. Sizes available: S, M, L, XL.
A few sample shirts were printed and they turned out great!
The Prints shown in this section will become available as Print choices once the indicated goals are met.
...more Stretch Goals to be announced as the campaign goes on!
Now that you have an idea of the objective, here's what's been done so far to reach it:
- An initial line-up of 7 Artists has been established. Many of these Artists have pieces available through the Kickstarter and they will have more work available through Studio La Mouche once it officially launches. All of these Artists are continuing to produce Artwork, and discussions with a number of other Artists are well underway. There’s also a long list of Artists I would like to approach about being a part of the Studio.
- Options for the initial merchandise in terms of providers and methods of production have been evaluated and selected. Connections have been established and future product possibilities are being explored.
- The Artwork is ready to be printed on all materials. A minimal number of steps need to be taken before production begins.
- The logistics of the operation have been determined: production, transportation, storage and shipping are not a problem.
- A financial plan for the company has been finalized.
On this page are some of the first works the Studio has to show by the Artists currently involved. Some of these pieces are featured in the Kickstarter Rewards (see Rewards above), and many, as well as new pieces, will become available with a successful launch of Studio La Mouche.
Check out Andrea’s classes, demos and workshops on her website.
Visit studiolamouche.com to see more Art from these Artists!
This project and the inspirations that fuel it have done nothing but grow, to the point where, now, my ideas far outgrow my means. So here comes the part where I ask for your help!
I want to offer my own artwork, but also that of many other artists. Right now though, Studio La Mouche could carry more Art than I can afford to print! Not being able to present a large selection of Artwork is but one of the problems I am faced with if I were to open up shop now. Here is the breakdown, however, of what I’ll be able to do with your help:
- Talk with more Artists and carry more Artwork: Studio La Mouche will be able to support a greater roster of Artists and print more Works from each.
- Make high quality products: A helping hand would ensure that the Artwork is reproduced with high quality materials and optimal techniques
- Start off with a reasonable amount of inventory: This helps tremendously in getting the ball rolling and gives people a better idea of what the Studio is trying to be.
- Simplify and speed up Studio La Mouche operations: Get your stuff faster! I would also be able to focus more on the Artistic Director aspect of the Studio and my own Artwork, which basically means more Artwork and Artists to present!
- Rent dedicated studio space and purchase appropriate equipment, supplies and materials: A space where artists can have room to work and find unique materials when needed would go a long way towards more Artwork being available at Studio La Mouche. New equipment would make Artwork reproduction easier and faster!
Artists receive a portion of every sale comprising their Artwork, including money collected for Kickstarter Rewards. This practice adds to the sense of community at the Studio, enables direct support of the Artists and is a practice that I want to keep in place.
So yes, Studio La Mouche needs funding to do all of these things, but that is not the only way you can help out. You can support the Studio by spreading the word. You never know who might be drawn to whatever Art, or who might be an Artist that would fit right in here! (P.S. There are buttons for sharing on Social Media at the top of the page, just below the video.) Any and all forms of support are appreciated and will help Studio La Mouche reach its full potential!
All sorts of things covered in Art, from all sorts of Artists. Reproductions and Originals. The potential I see for this project only seems to increase, and it has no ceiling. This fills me with anticipation and I am eager to see what these Artists do next. I believe that in a world where so much has become customizable, Studio La Mouche would provide you with a way to customize your life with expression (and hopefully give you some inspiration of your own as well!). I also believe that the Artists at the Studio have something worth sharing. The networks brought forth by our technologies have made it possible for just about anything to be available to just about anyone with an Internet connection. Let’s use that wisely; it has given us the means to form greater communities, even global communities. Art, creations, ideas, everything can reach so many more people that might agree with them. You may not be able to come discover our Art, so we will bring the Art to you.
I leave you with some Friends of the Studio: musicians, performers, and other kinds of Artists whose work I highly recommend you check out. Many of them are featured in the video made for this project, and/or participated in the Fundraising Event. Studio La Mouche will continue to support these Artists after this campaign ends. The success of this project will ensure future collaborations!
Copyrights for images, music and other creative works belong to their respective Artist(s) and are protected under national and international laws.
Facebook | Photo Credits: Lola Gunn (see above)
Risks and challenges
If the project gets funded, the ideal course of actions to take when the campaign ends is to first get the rewards sent out as soon as possible, and then open up shop and make more art available. The biggest challenge facing this project is sending out rewards on time. Before a campaign starts, it can be difficult to predict the magnitude of the response, and just how many rewards will have to be made and sent out. Obviously, one hopes for the best, but for this kind of project, it is important to be prepared and make sure that the project can continue on. Plans have been made in order to cover as many scenarios as possible, and Studio La Mouche is ready to expand to the manpower necessary to get all the rewards out on time.
This project will be producing a large variety of rewards, and an operation involving multiple sources for its different products comes with a high number of unpredictable factors and places where things can go wrong. I have tried to minimize the risk by finding not only the ideal manufacturers, but also who I could turn to if something unexpected were to happen during the execution of the plan.
I have been working fervently on this project for over a year and you can be sure that I am fully committed to its success. You will be kept informed on the progress of the project, receiving regular updates describing the status of the orders to be fulfilled, and also covering the development of the Studio as an online and local operation.
One of the big advantages of using something like Kickstarter to start a sustainable business is being able to get feedback on the ideas and rewards, allowing us to get an idea of what you like! Give us your suggestions and help fine tune this machine before we turn it on!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (60 days)