We're making Texas style kolaches in Brooklyn, NY and need your help to build out our space.
**** UPDATE - We did it..But there is still a lot of work to do!! For a new food business in NYC, EVERY dollar counts, so don't stop now.. Please continue to pledge for our (now guaranteed) kick ass rewards ***
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
I'm Autumn, the owner and creator of Brooklyn Kolache Co., and I make Texas-style kolaches in Brooklyn, NY. Kolaches (pronounced Ko-La-cheese) are portable, neat-to-eat pastries that can be stuffed with savory ingredients such as eggs, sausage and cheese, or sweet house-made fillings like apricot, poppy seed and cherry. Our kolache dough is slightly sweet and light, with a little chew and a yeasty finish. In addition to kolaches, we use our dough to make cinnamon rolls and pigs in a blanket.
Kolache shops are all over Central Texas where I was born and raised. As a Brooklyn transplant I was shocked there were no kolaches in NYC. So I started making my own kolache dough and spent the last year perfecting my recipes. My kolaches have been called amazing, addictive and perfect.
I've leased a lovely, large space in Bed Stuy, Brooklyn close to the G Train and several major bus lines. The 900-sq-foot space has a beautifully sunny back room and garden which can be used for meet ups, study groups and private events. The room will easily convert into a play area, for scheduled play hours, providing parents a chance to sit back and enjoy a latte and kolache while watching their children play and socialize.
I've raised and saved 85% of the funds needed to open, but I need your help to raise the remaining 15%, which will all go directly to building out the space. For those who are new to Kickstarter, it's a website that allows you to follow and fund creative projects. I need to raise AT LEAST 7000 dollars in 30 days. Anything over 7000 dollars will ensure our continued success. I won’t get any of the money pledged unless we reach our goal and, no one is charged until the goal is 100% met. Basically it's all or nothing.
In return for your pledge, I've created several reward packages including kolaches, kolache candles, an invite to our friends and family grand opening party (and we like to party!!), a canvas tote bag and more. You can see all the rewards on the right side of this page. For those who want to help but are not able to make a pledge, please share our Kickstarter with kolache lovers, foodies and Brooklyn residents. I recognize that times are hard for many and am forever grateful for every dollar raised.
Please reach out to me with questions. Thank you so much.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.