LEWIS IS BACK!
Hello everyone! I'm back! I'm sorry I've been away for so long. And while I was away everything went down the drain. Wait, actually everything was fine and stuff actually started shipping? Oh. Maybe I should go away again and even more will get done!
Okay, I've got a few things to talk about today, and I'll do my best to not talk about my amazing wedding (everyone cried), or lovely honeymoon (I ate chicken that was cooked on a volcano).
Right, we've been shipping things out for a week or two now apparently. It's a hive of activity out in the picking and packing areas, with people compiling card buildings, putting miniatures into baggies, and all sorts of things. Really awesome to see so many parcels going out.
That said, not all pledges have gone yet. We're working on it, but these things take time, even with all the people working on it. So during these next few weeks I made a little list graphic to refer to:
Hopefully that's all you should need. We're working hard and we're happy to help anyone that needs it. I know it's frustrating being so close and waiting for your pledge to arrive, but if it makes you feel any better, none of us are allowed any minis until you all get yours! I want my Patricians! :(
In the meantime, make sure to post up plenty of pictures! If you've started building, show us your minis! If you've started playing the game, post up some battle reports and let everyone know how it went. It's an exciting time, so let's see what you're all doing with your pledges!
Those of you that have your pledges and rulebooks will be wanting to know how to build your gangs and find the stats for each character. In the 2-Player Box we have some lovely character cards for quick starting beginners, but for every other character, you'll be able to find the complete rules for free on our gang builder!
Follow that link and it'll direct you straight to the gang builder beta. We've still got a few more things to tweak on this before retail release of the game, but it's ready to use for everyone!
Have a play around and see what kind of gangs you can build! You can see all the stats and costs for the characters, and can download a PDF that's in an easily printable format for playing your games.
Like I said, this is still in (late) beta, so if you have any feedback, let us know. Send us an email at info@ttcombat and we'll be able to make this work as well as possible.
We've talked about digital character profiles briefly before, but there are a few reasons we decided to go this route, so a quick FAQ for you:
- Why do digital profiles? It's the best way to maintain a competitive and balanced gameplay experience. With printed files those characters are locked forever, or we can put out rules updates every year that you have to buy. With digital profiles we're able to update characters for better balance and keep the game alive.
- You'll just update them all the time? That'll lead to people playing different rules! We'll be updating the character profiles according to a calendar. We'll let everyone know well in advance when we plan on updating, and will put out update notes when we do. We're looking at updating existing characters every six months, but we'll have more information on that in a little bit.
- But what about new characters? That's the best bit! The builder has been designed with future-proofing, so when we do new characters (which we will) we can just add them.
- But I want cards! Well we're keen to push into the digital realm with Carnevale, but we know that people still like things printed out. You can download and print your gangs on our builder, and print the lists from there. We're also looking to put all of the character cards up on the website for download, so you can print them out to match the 2-Player Starter Box cards. More on that in the future.
- Can I build whatever gang I want? Yep! You'll get a little note saying whether your gang is legal or not, but if you want to play with a mix and match gang or a gang with all the Princes of Thieves you can! Just ignore that little red sad face and carry on.
There we go! If you have any feedback on the gang builder, let us know! Like I said, there are more updates to come soon, and we have big plans for expanding it, but if there are things you'd like to see on it in the future, feel free to make suggestions. It's all about making the game easy to play, so let us know the best way to do that.
It's been a little while, but let's end the update on some painted minis!
Fin has painted some Romani for the Strigoi. In difference to the dark tones of their vampire masters, the Romani dress in bright colours, which actually help them to blend into Venice a lot better! It's quite a bright city (despite all the weirdness).
I'll be back next week with more information, and we'll be working through the weekend packing up more pledges. Until then everyone, let's see some pictures!