Church Films wants to save ministers the time and the hassle of finding quality videos to use in their care and recovery ministries. Instead of combing the web 60 minutes at a time in search of faith-based videos that support your weekly messages on denial, powerlessness, hope, etc, why not just have quality stories of grace sent straight to your email? Let's build a monthly subscription of 4-6 short, engaging videos so that you can reach the hurt and the visual learners in your flock.
Take a look at our campaign video. It includes the short video on DENIAL; that is a sample of what you will get every month: four to six of these videos that are short, engaging, and relevant to your messages. We know recovery and care ministries cycle through a lot of the same topics, so we know we can support your ministry needs through video. We will start with Gumroad to handle the subscriptions. They allow for signups to be embedded within the Church Films site, and their platform protects your information with industry-grade SSL 128-bit encryption. For more information, please visit the Gumroad buyer FAQ.
The videos will be available as a bundle (zip file) of Quicktime (.mov) and H.264 (.mp4) videos in three formats: SD (360p), HD (720p), and Full HD (1080p). If you are running Powerpoint or ProPresenter, you will be able to play these videos. Your Gumroad subscription will send you a link that will allow you to download your videos in one fell swoop. To find out more about resolution and what your ministry really needs, please visit our FAQ on resolution. LOOKING FOR DVDs? Scroll down! DVDs incur a whole new round of costs, and these will be available as a reward option if we unlock our first stretch goal!
Church Films started as an idea in August of 2014: we have a HUGE GAP IN REACHING THE LOST, THE HURT, AND THE BROKEN in our world today. Most people are visual learners. We want to reach people in their hurts and brokenness with the message of hope that we have in Jesus. Our visual world needs a visual way to share the Gospel, and God has given us all of the tools we need to tell authentic stories of grace. Most all of our videos are shot here in Las Vegas, but in time, we will have stories from other filmmakers too.
This is what we promise:
- We will not be making routine testimony videos in this monthly subscription.
- We prefer the human (live) element and relationships over animated text and motion background videos that other places offer in bulk.
- We want to create media that doesn't condemn. Jesus didn't come into the world to condemn, but to save the world.
- We are working to support 1,000 different care, recovery, and church ministries, by helping them find and use quality, content-specific videos that support the usual messages on denial, powerlessness, hope, etc.
- Jimmy Monaghan - husband, father, Denver native, and a person whose story and daily walk demonstrates the courage, tools and persistence necessary to affect real life change. Jimmy holds dual licensure in the state of Colorado as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and a Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC) and in Nevada as a Clinical Professional Counselor (CPC) and a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCADC). Jimmy now serves as the Pastor of Care at Canyon Ridge Christian and is seeking to help people live in the fact that they are sons and daughters on the King most high and can live full free lives. He also launched three private mental health clinics specializing in marriage and family therapy; he opened 3 DUI education and therapy clinics as well as a clinical training site for graduate students seeking their MA’s in the mental health field. Jimmy has overcome the horrific life of an active crack addict and alcoholic to a free man! He has been transformed, healed and able to see himself in the light that is truly representative of his journey! Jimmy is a son of The King and The King has set him free!
- Stephen Anthony - proud to say is that he is a servant and follower of Jesus Christ. What he takes interests in are people and investing into the lives of people. The Lord has blessed him with the gifts of influencing, encouraging and communicating. He has decided to dedicate his time and life towards Jesus and eternity.
- Tim Wagner - was saved one year ago, and life has never been the same. He used to be into drugs, partying, chasing women, pornography, but over the last year, Jesus has been showing him His grace, forgiveness, and ability to heal. Tim will be the first to tell you it was the Lord who showed him how to live for the King, to SERVE OTHERS and let others know about THE HOPE we have.
- Dejon (DJ) Williams - has a heart for children's ministry and is a passionate guy with a latent talent for speaking.
The production team consists of Tay Tay Singer, Terry Hughes, and Jacob Keenum. They bring a full heart to the ministry, and they love joining the King of Kings in what He is up to. Together, they bring a combined 25 years of film and live video production experience.
6 and 12-month subscriptions, as well as DVDs.
Risks and challenges
Our team is on fire for the Kingdom! We love sharing the hope we have in Jesus! Our production team has a combined 24 years of video experience. Our last campaign "Fight The Battle Together" was a huge success on the crowdfunding platform Tilt; you can find out more about it on the Church Films site. That being said, production will happen two months out at a time, to allow proper editing and delivery of your monthly videos. This is why we'll kick off the subscriptions on the first of December. If we don't make the stretch goal to offer an annual subscription, we run the risk of only creating the initial subscriptions of one to three months.
We will be discussing everything that happens with you to make these short films and videos become a reality. This is just the beginning. God is not willing that anyone should go through this life without having that deep and abundant life in Christ Jesus; join us as we join the King of Kings in redeeming film and video to tell real stories of grace!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)