Hello world, my name is Jonny Rice, thank you for checking out my Kickstarter! I'm beyond ecstatic to finally be doing this!
I want to make it clear that I am not affiliated with Mojang (the creators of Minecraft) I am just a super fan of Minecraft with a wild imagination.
Lovecraft is proof that dreams can come true. I am a video game artist and have been involved in the production of several machinima projects and I had the rare and wonderful opportunity to write and direct a show of my own. You can watch the pilot episode right here!
I'm here on Kickstarter to raise the funds to pay for episodes 2-6. It wont even cost that much to make...
Where your contributions will be going.
What makes Lovecraft so special...
- It's got Romance, Adventure, Humor, and Suspense
- It's made by a professional machinima maker and video game artist Jonny Rice.
- It's a unique, up-and-coming style of animation.
- It's got high production value; professional actors in a real studio!
- It's made by fans for fans with great attention to Minecraft details.
- It's entertaining for girls and boys of all ages!
- It features a strong female character.
- Raise $3,000.00 or more using Kickstarter!
- Create awesome rewards for awesome backers!
- Finish filming episode 2. (75% done)
- Draw storyboards for episodes 3-6.
- Start filming episodes 3-6 (Marathon sessions of Minecraft on my personal server with nephews and friends)
- Record dialogue.
- Edit footage.
- Sound design.
- Upload to Machinima Realm Channel.
- Make the world a more loving place.
1. If we reach $4,500 we will have enough to fund another 6 episode season of Lovecraft and give some bonuses to my hard working voice actors! Season 2 is not written yet but I've got tons of ideas bubbling up all the time that I just wont be able to fit into season 1; more characters, more stories, more love!
2. If we can raise $6,000 then season 3 will be funded and Lovecraft can expand and continue beyond our wildest dreams!
Risks and challenges
1. The biggest risk is how much time I will have to spend writing, filming, storyboarding, building, and editing this whole project BUT, I know it will be worth it when it's finally complete. =D
2. Running out of steam; Lovecraft is going to take lots of energy! I plan on combating fatigue with copious amounts of coffee and the occasional power nap with my dog Huey not to mention I have an endless amount of support from my wonderful wife and muse Anna.
3. Scheduling recording time that works for the actors and myself will take some acute planning but I think we can knock out all of the dialogue in a single session!
4. Making machinima is very complicated and also very fun, I'm a bit nervous but I'm also totally thrilled to dive into this headfirst and see how good I can make it and then I get to share it with the whole world. (I'm so lucky!!!)
I'm committed to making Lovecraft. I'm no stranger to creating machinima videos and working long hours. I am filling multiple challenging roles while making Lovecraft, I'll have to rely mostly on myself to make it happen. I'm excited and I am up to the task!
Thank you in advance for your time and support.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)