Special thank you to the incredible Jacqueline De Rojas CBE for 'moments of inspiration'.
Our sizing system is using sizing that we know in an innovative way to ensure that the dress fits to you.
For example a top could be a size ‘10, waist 27’ and a skirt could be ‘waist 27, size 12’ to ensure they combine around the waist. We offer any size.
Once the campaign has finished, we will send you all the details and size/ measuring guides and then all we will need from you is to:
- Choose your top size - 12, 8, 24 etc.
- Choose your waist measurement (in inches- we will show you how to take it)
- Choose your bottom size - 12, 8, 24 etc.
Alternatively, you can select standard sizes. We are always available to answer any questions.
We’ve been privileged to be commissioned to make these Careaux pieces for incredible women.
To bring the Careaux dress to you, we have set a Kickstarter target of £10,000. We truly believe that dresses should fit to you, rather than you having to fit into dresses. The time is now to revolutionise dresses as we know them for the women of today and of the future.
We have put together rewards that we hope you will love. Any way you can support, either by the rewards, a like or a share will help massively and truly appreciated.
- Thank You Digital Postcard
- Set of Four Postcards
- Personalised Careaux Sketch
- Personalised Careaux Sketch and limited edition Careaux Box
- The Careaux Seperates (Sleeveless Top, Sleeved Top, A Line Skirt and Midi Skirt) available in black, navy and ivory.
- The Careaux Dress (Sleeveless A Line, Sleeved A Line, Sleeveless Midi, Sleeved Midi) available in black, navy and ivory.
- The Careaux Core Collection (The Careaux Separates in black, navy and ivory, therefore thirty-six possible dress combinations)
- Bespoke Careaux Piece
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you would like another style. We will do our best to accommodate. We are always looking to help as much as we can, so please do let us know If you need your piece earlier and we will do our utmost best to do this for you.
Note that shipping will be estimated and charged separately once the kickstarter has ended.
What will the money be used for?
With your amazing support from pledging we will use the money for:
- Creating the patterns for the Careaux dresses.
- Buying the fabric from our ethical and socially responsible supplier in Portugal.
- Locally manufacturing the Careaux dresses and paying fair wages to our pattern cutters and dressmakers who will craft the dresses with care and outstanding quality.
- Towards our e-commerce site to launch the full collection
Video: Madara Freimane
Campaign Shot: David Easton and Burnley College
Portait Shot: Beth Owen
Ecommerce Shots: Narita Savoor (Photographer), Taheed Khan (Stylist), Andrew Suleman (Hair and Make Up) and Latifah Stewart (Model who we met on the fantastic Princes Trust Enterprise Course)
There is nothing Laura and I love more than designing and crafting a Careaux piece. Thank you for taking the time to read our story and for your support. We cannot wait for you to be a part of Careaux. With love, Rachel and Laura x
For any questions or queries please contact email@example.com.
@careauxofficial on twitter, instagram and facebook.
Risks and challenges
As the dresses are handmade, and due to volume, it may take longer than expected to receive your dress. But we will keep you updated with everything that is going on. However if you want your dress more urgently, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate.
Note VAT/ duty/ customs will be charged on top of any non-UK orders.
As each dress requires you to take your waist measurement, it will be your responsibility to enter the measurements correctly. We will show you how to take your waist measurement. However, as the dresses are handmade for you, we will not be responsible for incorrect measurements. If there is an error with it, please contact us as soon as possible and we will do our very best to rectify it.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)