Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just wait and see
I'll tell you how I became the prince of the beverage iced tea
In dixieland is where I was raised
Sipping on iced tea for most of my days
Later in life I wanted to make iced teas
With lots of crazy flavors that make people cheese
But the problem you see is I had no cash
So I went to Kickstarter
now listen up class:
I launched one little project and what did I see?
The people rejoiced and demanded iced teas.
I made green teas and black teas and even honeybush
The people responded and I continued the push
I bought some equipment and some fresh packaging
To make even more teas, I thought, now that is the thing
So, now here I'm back, it may seem like I'm fishin
But believe when I say, I'm a man on a mission
I need $5000 to get to Las Vegas,
Help me reach out to the shops and bodegas.
The expo takes place in less than three weeks,
I hope I can count on the support of my peeps
With your help we can do it, I've no doubt of that,
and I'll rock Las Vegas in my overalls and straw hat
Part with some cash, I'm asking you please
And I'll send you some tea from the prince of iced teas.
Clearly I have lost my mind!
You guys have been so amazingly good to us. We are finally in a position to be able to start offering our amazing iced teas on a wholesale basis to retailers across the country. So I started looking in to tradeshows and expos that we could exhibit our teas at and I found out about the ASD Tradeshow in Las Vegas. They boast 35,000 attendees and 27,000 of them are buyers for everything from small gift shops to big chains.
The only problem is...
The show is in three weeks!
So, I have this nutty idea that I think I can raise the money we need to exhibit from our amazing Kickstarter fans in ten days or so and just get in in time to sell our teas to a bunch of stores so you everyone can have a chance to buy them locally.
This is perhaps the craziest thing I've ever done, but I think it is time that we "poop or get off the pot!" Our product is stellar, we have the ability to produce large quantities now (thanks to Kickstarter), we have the packaging and display boxes for retailers (again, thanks to our Kickstarter friends). It's time.
What do you get?
More awesome iced teas of course. For those of you who have backed our campaigns in the past, you know all about how awesome they are. For those of you who are new to them:
What teas can I get?
We're going to open up our entire catalog of awesome teas for our Kickstarter backers, which currently consists of:
- Almond Milk
- Black Currant
- Black n Blue (Blackberry & Blueberry)
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish
- Candy Cane
- Cherry Cola
- Cherry Limeade
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Cotton Candy
- Cucumber Melon
- Earl Grey
- Honey Ginger
- Key Lime Cheesecake
- Lime Cola
- Lime Jello
- Mango Peach
- Maple Bacon
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Monkey Fart (Banana)
- Neapolitan Ice Cream
- Orange Creamsicle
- Pina Colada
- Pink Lemonade
- Pumpkin Pie Crepe with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce (don't ask)
- Rainbow Sherbet
- Razzleberry (Raspberry/Blackberry)
- Rootbeer Float
- Strawberry Zabaglione
- Vanilla Cola
- Very Big Hill Dew (Almost Mountain)
- Whiskey and Cola
- Caramel Apple
- Pina Colada
- Cinnamon Roll
- Caramel Peanut
- Chocolate Malt
- Cinnamon Orange
- Shamrock (Peppermint, Spearmint and a hint of vanilla)
- Peaches n Cream
- Wildberries (blackberry, raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, elderberry, black currant)
- Strawberry Kiwi
- Apple Cider
Each of these are packaged individually, in over-sized teabags that make a full 2-quart pitcher of iced tea. The tea is of high enough quality that if you save the teabag and re-steep it you can get a full gallon of amazing iced tea out of each teabag.
Special Appreciation Blend for Kickstarter Backers
In addition to the great rewards we are offering, Every backer at the $10 reward level or higher will receive one pouch of a special blend we will be creating exclusively for our Kickstarter backers. I'm not sure what it will be yet, but I'm determined to make it something extra special, so you might want to pledge a few extra dollars over your reward level so you can pick up an extra pouch or two of this special blend.
Just so it's not just me saying our teas are great, I grabbed a handful of reviews written by our customers to share:
• YEAH! BABY! Razzleberry, I love you. You are the best flavored iced tea I have ever had.
• Just offered hubby some more of the tea. He points out the most gigantic drinking glass we own, now empty, but apparently moments ago filled with this tea. I guess I better order some more quickly!
• My daughter made both the Sherbert and Razzleberry Iced Teas and shared them with me. I absolutely love them both! They are probably my favorite for iced tea so far. The flavor is excellent and natural tasting ( not artificial at all) The base tea is perfect as well! Both these teas are very refreshing especially during this heat wave we are having! I will definitely buy more of these iced teas and actually want to try a few others after tasting these
• This one is another stunner…. It’s delicious — sweet, sugary, airy cotton candy goodness. It smells strongly of cotton candy, it tastes strongly of cotton candy. Once again, the black base is detectable, but it just seems to enhance and support the flavouring rather than mask it in any way. I have no idea how Frank achieves these extraordinary flavouring feats. What I do know is that, as iced tea goes, these are unbeatable. Yum yum yum is about the most coherent thing I can say about this right now. Please excuse me while I go and drink some more.
• It won't last. You'll drink it all. We drank up the last of the rainbow sherbet and I made this. Have you ever had a taste of something and just stared for a moment, not at anything in particular, but just thinking to yourself, what is happening on my tongue, and why is it so wonderful? I get the feeling I should expect this from Frank's teas. "Wonder what -this- tea tastes like!" It tastes like exactly what it says it is, but more delicious than you hoped. I steeped this one a little long and don't regret it. I found the flavor intense in a good way and it really does taste like cotton candy. The smell in the package is very mild, but the flavor comes out well. I shared some with my family and they were impressed. I'm sneaking some into work tomorrow to share with my coworkers, and I don't expect any to be left when I get home, so I better order more. This would be perfect any fanciful party or event.
• It's off to the fair we go! Take a pitcher of ice tea and that big beautiful cone of flossy spun deliciousness; aka Cotton Candy and combine (minus the cone of course). That is what I imagine when I drink this tea. A new addiction for sure, especially when brown rock sugar is added during the steep…. I just bought a whole bunch more. LOVE IT!
• I was a bit of a doubter at first, because I didn’t see how tea could taste of ice cream or sherbet, jello or bubblegum. Somehow, though, they do. This one is no exception, and it’s another all-round great taste experience. I will definitely, definitely be buying more or these. They’re just too good to miss!
• The first word that came to mind (after the expletives, haha) was whoa. This tea is soooo creamy. Tangy, fruity, and creamy, just like sherbet. I’m pretty weird in that I don’t actually like ice cream/sherbet/sorbets because a lot of the time its too sweet. Also I prefer to drink cold things, not eat them, and I don’t necessarily find milky things to be that refreshing when the weather is hot. I’m a right ball of fun, I know. So that this manages to somehow sidestep all of my ridiculous criteria is pretty miraculous. It’s got a creamy full texture which tea usually just doesn’t have on it’s own. The only way I get this texture in tea normally is by adding milk, but iced tea is not something you can add milk to (Ew. just the thought of that…) It tastes like ice cream without being ice cream. And I’m drinking it on its own, without a meal – it’s like dessert! Um, LOVE. I hope I can get another 2 quarts out of this… but even if not I just went ahead and put one of each of the SBT iced tea flavors in a shopping cart because MY MOUTH IS SO HAPPY.
• "Each individually packaged teabag will yield 2-quarts... of the best iced tea you've ever had." Don't doubt it. This is delicious, improbably delicious, and in fact the tastiest -and- the most interesting iced tea I've ever had. From the moment you open the package and smell it, to when you've got a cup, you'll just know. I brought some in for my coworkers to sample and it was a hit with them. Now everyone wants to know where I got it, but I'm not telling them until -after- I get my next paycheck... I didn't know how strong the rainbow sherbet flavor would be, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it isn't so mild that you can't immediately taste it, or so overpowering that it no longer tastes like tea. It's just right, and the taste is spot-on.
We use BackerKit to fulfill all of our rewards, so regardless of which reward you pledged for, you will basically get a credit for the full amount of your pledge which you can apply to any of these items:
Individual teas: $3
Grab bags of 4 teas: $10
Full cases (your choice, mix and match) of 12 teas: $30
Please note: All subscriptions will start in September.
Risks and challenges
This will be our third Kickstarter, and while I admit we have had some problems, particularly with our first campaign, I feel confident that we have worked out the kinks by now.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (11 days)