As a Tinkerer, Hobbyists, or a geek, its always fun to control appliances remotely by using an android phone and its always magical when we step in /out the lights automatically switch on/off, similarly you can also switch on/off Fans, coffee machine etc. The reason for developing this board is first of all its an Open Source platform ,and you can code it as per your requirement using arduino. So support us by join hands to make our simple yet fun project successful.
The Wifi Smart Switch is a small board with ESP8266 module, Attiny85 micro controller with Arduino bootloader and also with a relayon it. It also has an additional header for connecting an external relay with a transistor or to connect sensors like PIR, IR, Temperature etc depending on your application. If you are a tinkerer you will also be able to connect a HC-05/06 Bluetooth module and convert this board to a Bluetooth Arduino 85 board by simply changing the code on the Attiny85 .
- The board can also connect other standard Bluetooth/Rf modules as the communication is UART based
- WIFI Smart Switch can be programmed as MQTT Client
- Can connect additional sensors like PIR, IR, Temperature, Humidity, Limit switch etc.
- Has 5V/9V input and the Attiny85 can run at 5V or 3.3V depending on jumper position this will help while interfacing 5V sensors.
- A Relay to control AC/DC Loads.
- One open GPIO header with VCC and GND to connect sensors like PIR, IR etc.
- 5V/9V selectable input. LED for Testing with is connected to a GPIO.
What can you make with a Wifi Smart Switch
- Wifi Switch Board.
- IoT PIR Sensor Board (When motion detected it can activate buzzer and inform the user).
- A Temperature Logger (Based on the temperature settings can activate the devices and inform the user).
- Tank Water Controller (Based on the water level it can switch on motor and log the motor timings).
for more information please go through the instructables page
Soon we will share the Arduino code on GIT HUB for MQTT and will also have an Instructable based on it.
BARE PCB REWARDS
In these rewards only the Bare PCB is provided without the components. and most of the components are smd type (Resistor & Capacitor are 0805 package). Along with this you will also get the BOM for your reference.
For shipping we will be using standard International and Domestic postal service. By December 2015 will be dispatching the goods.
We are a small group of professionals who like to develop easy simple boards to execute hobby projects. The group consists of both well experienced as well has young and dynamic people capable of handling projects from design to production. We have in our team multidisciplinary design engineers as well as professional production and quality control people. We assure you that we will see to that each of our project backer will be satisfied with our systematic approach and by our scheduled project product delivery. We also take up Hardware, PCB Design, PCBA Assembling, Testing & Software development work. If you have any such project which you wish to outsource you can contact us.
Where will the funds be used
- Manufacturing of the Hardware.
- For the development of application program.
- Improved version of the present board.
Risks and challenges
Every project starts with understanding the risk involved in it . Some are anticipated risk and some surprise us. Having a team members who have taken up projects individually and have executed them from design to production, we don’t think we will have any issue in solving the various problem that will be coming on our way. Furthermore, having some team members who specialize in production and quality control, we think we're well prepared and will execute the project without many hurdles and delay.
· Feedback implementation in design delay
· Material delivery delays
· Quality Control and Testing Delay
· Shipment delivery Delay
Having mentioned a few we also do consider some risk which do get noticed when we are actually executing it but we assure you that we will put all our effort to solve it and deliver the reward to our backersLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)