NATIVE DEEN PRESENTS DEEN.TV
As a group that aims to inspire people to remembrance of God through music and art, it is our pleasure to introduce DEEN TV, the first 24/7 halal online entertainment channel. Streaming the best halal entertainment daily to your computer, tablet or mobile phone!
DEEN TV airs the most popular halal music videos as well as songs that are socially conscious and morally acceptable. Similar to MTV, DEEN TV will start out with music videos (halal, of course), but eventually will include deen-oriented reality shows, documentaries, comedy, and more! With your support, the channel will be FREE for all.
Check out this ad about DEEN.TV:
DEEN TV goals:
+ To provide a 24/7 linear video channel with halal entertainment available worldwide via the internet. + To develop socially conscious programming acceptable by people of faith with the goal of creating a better world for humanity.
+ To provide a channel for professional, semi-professional, and experienced amateur video producers to showcase their work on maintain belief in God while living in the West.
+ To allow Muslim actors, journalists, writers, etc. to develop their talents in a wholesome manner.
Unlike many Islamic satellite stations, DEEN TV will have fewer lectures and scholarly talk shows. Programming will focus on stories of Muslims living in modern society. DEEN TV hopes to develop programming around personalities in the community based on their specialties such as comedy, fitness, fusion, education, travel, social work, etc. Mobile Devices are increasingly used to watch streaming video. DEEN TV will be accessible to users via a mobile-ready website as well as an IOS and Android app, God-willing.
We have several phases to develop this website.
PHASE ONE (completed)
The first phase was to build a strong website and create a playlist of the best Halal music videos across the world. We have completed phase one on schedule and now we need your help for phase two!
PHASE TWO (This is where you come in!)
Phase two ($25,000) will inshaAllah (God-willing) fund the following:
1. Three new and exclusive music videos from artists (including Native Deen) and reality mini-series. We want to develop strong compelling music videos and programming that will be shown exclusively on our channel. 30% of the money will cover the cost of new equipment and professional services to produce these quality videos.
The plan is to produce two music videos for Native Deen songs from their albums, as well as one up-and-coming artists that we feel need to be promoted.
- "Mercy to Mankind" - One of the hit songs from Native Deen's "Remedy" album
- "Zamilooni" - One of the hit songs from Native Deen's "Not Afraid to Stand Alone" album
- "Upcoming artist" - We are currently at 3 artists who are very talented that we want to help produce. We will pick one of them and produce a video for them.
- New Reality show - based on students competing in regional and national Muslim Interscholastic Tournaments.
2. One pilot of a new full-season program. Once we raise the funds, our team will start planning our first series. 20% of the funds will be used to get writers who can develop a compelling script and actors who can act out the script appropriately. Once we produce this pilot, we will seek your feedback and hope to raise more funds in order to create more episodes. The development of a pilot will be in several phases:
- Polling the community for possible ideas. We will use our large Facebook following to get a sense of what kind of series the community will like to see.
- Finalize and writing the script. We need a compelling script that can be continued for multiple seasons.
- Auditions and talent acquisition. We will look for the most talented actors in our community to fill the roles of the series.
- Filming and production of the pilot.
- Feedback and more fundraising for future episodes.
3. Enhancement and development of our channel, including website maintenance and server/hosting fees. Currently our player has had some technical issues, including pausing and buffering. For several days it has been offline. We hope that by upgrading our package we will eliminate these issues. 20% of the money raised will be for this.
4. Marketing. We need to spread the word so that people across the globe know about this 24/7 Halal entertainment online channel that is FREE! 30% of the money will be used for this.
*Note this round of funding is only for Phase Two of our project.
Below are some of the great rewards we have for you:
We cannot move forward if 100% is not raised. PLEASE SUPPORT US TODAY!!
Risks and challenges
With the help of God, Inshallah we will be able to complete these and much more with your support. We have already received great reviews about DEEN TV and thousands of people are watching us live. Our challenge is to keep the broadcast fresh with new and engaging content and also keep it FREE. There are major costs involved streaming to thousands of people and producing quality content on a regular basis. So we really need your support to keep DEEN TV alive! PLEASE SUPPORT DEEN TVLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)