You and your grubby crewmates have got your hands on a ship! Time to set sail for golden shores on an ocean of nightmares.
YO HO ME HEARTIES! IT'S TIME FOR PIRATE WORLD! Y'ARR!
Describe your ship, choose one of Pirate World's brilliant classes and unfurl the sails! You should probably light the cannons too.
Pirate World is a huge supplement for Dungeon World and Fate Core. It's bursting at the seams with crazy classes, mad inventions and monsters that'll eat you whole. You can check out a preview right here.
Back it now and you get 4 full and 3 preview Dungeon World playbooks instantly! They're ready; check out the first backer update to get them now. The three preview classes will be updated to full classes on Monday!The Fate Core classes are en-route, estimated late November. As backers, you'll be invited to the exclusive club that tests and improves Pirate World, and your ideas will help make it better.
The physical book will be awesome. A full colour, hardcover book printed and shipped to you. We can't wait! Pledge for £9 (about $15) to get the digital copy when it's released, or pledge for £25 (about $40/ €35.50 with postage) and get the physical copy mailed to you.
Stretch Goals! The campaign has been a huge success, so thankyou for everyone who's taken part. We'll be adding more to the book!
It is full of stuff:
- 7+ classes. 6 completely new and one fan favourite: THE BRUTE! Each class has a third page too, filled with death moves, magic items, designer notes and space for describing your character in more depth.
- tons of new races, from festering amphibs to massive crustaceans, and wonderful takes on the current races (soviet style dwarves, gunpowder-addicted goblins, volcano cultist lizardmen)
- 20+ BACKGROUNDS: a whole new system to customise your character from level 1 onwards. Now you're not just a Brute; you're a Brute Cultist, or a Necromantic Brute, or, perhaps scariest of all, a Cannibal Brute!
- Beautiful illustrations+; both full page (Joseph Irizarry) and inset (Jonathan Choby). You can get a print of Joseph Irizarry's illustration separately, and they're stunning!
- HIRELINGS: a total overhaul to the Dungeon World style. Hirelings are now unique creatures, with their own moves, personalities and styles. The book has a massive section on hirelings, and you can get your own character included!
- LUNCHEON WORLD: A guide to streamlining Dungeon World so you can eat it over a sandwich, or play it online
- And tons more+, including ship fighting, island discovery, brutal combat...
- The Playbooks
The Avatar, who calls their god into them and smites unbelievers
The Brute, who smashes puny things
The Fanatic, who turns people and mobs into weapons
The Pirate, who makes everything explode and insults people
The Reefmonger, who summons eldritch nightmares at the cost of their sanity
The Witch Doctor, who guides spirits by devouring their corpses
We are so excited to get the book printed and delivered, especially into our own hands! I (Iain) will be running and organising online games for backers as soon as the project goes live, so jump in if you can't wait either!
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
We can see three main risks.
Delays in production: This is the most likely risk. While most of the content is written, there's a lot of art pieces to commission; we're using two artists to speed up the process (and they're both awesome!)
Unbalanced orders: The physical books are costed at fairly close to production costs, so we're paying for the art, taxes and other costs out of the digital tiers. To offset the risk of unbalanced costs, we're calculated an inbuilt "risk fund".
Unexpected cost increases: e.g. the US postal costs of this year. The "risk fund" is also built-in to handle any unexpected costs.
Please remember to add the £5 shipping option if you live outside the UK, and that'll ensure the book gets delivered to your front door (or office, submarine, or pirate ship depending on the address you give me). The estimated date of April 2014 is for international buyers; people living closer to the UK might get a nice surprise.