This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Tue, October 23 2018 10:00 AM UTC +00:00.
Sick of the swamp? Tired of the treason? Fed up with the phonies? Well! We have the cure for what ails you!
The Deplorable Deck is a 54-card poker deck, featuring hand-drawn illustrations by nationally syndicated political cartoonist, Brian Duffy.
Printed on casino-quality, bee card stock, the cards are rich in detail and serve as a reminder that, even in today’s political climate, it's okay to laugh at the "King"! The Founders would be proud of you! Believe us. Bigly.
PLEDGE NOW and snag a deck or two for you, your friends, your family and maybe even your weird conservative uncle that you only see at the holidays! The Deplorable Deck is the PERFECT size for stocking stuffers!
- Each suit represents a faction of Deplorables close to Trump.
- Trump once famously quipped that "maybe" we should consider a president for life, so he's the king of all four suits.
- A conventional deck has three face cards per suit. Since this administration is anything but, the 10 and the Ace are face cards too, allowing for an unconventional Royal "Flush".
These cards aren’t just mere portraits of satirical awesomeness. Look closer and you will find "Easter eggs" that add whimsy to each scene, resulting in a snap shot of what was happening at that time in this presidency. Take a look at the Queen of Spades, KellyAnne Conway. She was one of the first cards we created--her design took place early in the term. Here are the secrets of her card. The rest are for you to discover on your own.
**PLEASE NOTE** Artwork is not finalized. This may result in slight variations between what is pictured and the finished product. Check back often for updates.
- The card back issymbolically-rich, featuring mirror image seals set against a chain link fence background surrounded by a gold leaf border.
- As with the other artwork, the seal includes Easter eggs throughout.
- The number card layout consists of original hand-drawn pips and numbers with The Deplorable Deck logo watermarked in the center.
This deck will be printed by the United States Playing Card Company recognized for the highest quality standards possible:
- Traditionally cut Poker-sized cards
- Casino-Grade Bee, refined card stock for optimal handling
- Air Cushion Finish ideal for playability
Still in development. The tuck box art will stand out - no one will mistake this deck of cards for any other!
Check back often for updates.
The Deplorable Deck card coverincludes the art art from our Challenge Coin - the Deplorable Deck logo and our satirical "Great Seal". Whether you use it in your weekly card game or as a display piece, this coin will make an attractive addition to any collection.
THE ROYAL FLUSH ARTWORK*: Spades, Heart, Clubs, Diamonds
*Frame not included
Additional items can be added to any reward tier. Click the "Manage Pledge" button at the top of the project page. Then add the appropriate additional amount to your pledge.
- Additional Deplorable Decks: Add as any as you like to any reward.
- Deplorable Deck T-Shirt: Our shirts are a super soft and comfortable tri blend of polyester, cotton and rayon (50/25/25). Choose from one of three designs.
- Card Cover Challenge Coin
- Uncut Sheet of Cards
- 18"x24" Print
- US backers: receive FREE SHIPPING on Reward Packages of six items or more or, for selecting Add-Ons resulting in more than five items.
- International backers: in addition to regular shipping costs, there may be aditional international fees such as customs charges.
We are committed to bringing laughter to you through the Deplorable Deck. We are also seriously committed to turning this country back in the right direction. We want to do our part and this is how we will do it:
We PLEDGE TO OUR BACKERS that a portion of all profits, over and above the costs necessary to fund this campaign, will go towards supporting blue candidates.
With your help, we can get these cards to market and start giving back. Together, we can help turn the country blue again, so please back our project. If you do your part, we will do ours. We Promise!
Risks and challenges
As first-time "KickStarters" we have run up against a few walls, not the least of which is members of Congress and the Administration began dropping like flies. We lost Flynn practically before he started. Spicey and the Mooch? We miss what their caricatures would ahve added to The Deplorable Deck, but they may make a future appearance if this campaign is successful. In addtion to contending with D.C.'s revolving door, we experienced managing the creative process for the first time. We believe all of this will culminate in a smoother roll out once production and fulfillment begins.
We hope you enjoy the cards as much as we have enjoyed creating them. Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter