Are you ready to hold the key to the Infinite Host in your hands?
Gods, goddesses, and their clerics have been part of classic role-playing games for decades. The Lesser Key to the Celestial Host is a supplement that adds religious depth to your home RPG campaign. First and foremost, this book is a collection of tables used to generate messengers of the gods...but it doesn't stop there. Further chapters are strongly supported with content for generating ways to observe a religion, relics, reliquaries, other duties of a cleric, and how to grow and maintain a religion.
Status of the Lesser Key
The book is written, art is paid for, and the layout only needs a handful of editing changes. It is nearly ready to print, which means you won't have to wait 5-10 months for delivery.
If you're this close, why Kickstarter?
The low goal for this project covers a small print run of just 100 copies and that funding will allow me to print physical copies of the book. If more are needed, the funding will cover that need.
The Lesser Key to the Celestial Legion has over 35 tables, is filled with art, and is specifically written to be compatible with DCC RPG. Much of the book is narrative, evocative, and loose enough to be used with almost any role-playing game. Mechanical aspects can easily be converted on the fly to any OSR or D20 system. The physical book will be 8.5 x 11, black and white, and currently has 36 pages. This could be expanded to 40-44 with stretch goal content. The book will be printed at Mixam.
- CLEARED IT! $700 - Weight of pages and cover are bumped up to 80 lbs and 110 lbs respectively. (So boring but easily makes the final product a bit nicer)
- CLEARED IT!! $1200 - Expanding the appendix of the book with such tables as "What Remains of a Dead Herald or God" and how such remains can be used, "What are the Origins of the God /Goddess," and "Secondary Goals of Your God."
- CLEARED IT!!! $2500 - In the book there already exists a quick and easy table to generate quests an angel or god may request to repay a divine favor. It is totally functional, but slightly obtuse and vague. If we hit this goal a full table will be written of specific holy quests that need performing. This new and improved table will be placed in the appendix along with the additional stretch content.
- CLEARED IT!!! $4500 - HOLY SCROLL: This is a book about religions and their practice as much as a book about generating the messengers of the gods. Sure you can scribble stuff on your character sheet, but wouldn't a sweet illuminated manuscript with dedicated sections matching the book be way cooler than scribbles? If we hit this goal we will design a miniature holy scroll/booklet/pamphlet (with some newly commissioned small pieces of art reminiscent of illuminated manuscripts) for players and Judges to print up and fill out.
- CLEARED IT!!! $5500 - HIERARCHY OF THE SPHERES: I liked the HOLY SCROLL goal so much I thought it would be cool to do one for gods and goddess and a couple of their most trusted angels. (Heads up: we call them heralds in the book.) If we make this goal we design a printable template matching tables in the book so you can roll, write, and get to playing.
Wayne Snyder, Dan Domme, Jayna Pavlin, Craig Brasco, Adam B Forman, Sam Stroud, Stefan Poag, and Sean McCoy. Some Albrecht Durer art has also been used.
- Co-host and editor of Drink Spin Run: the RPG Talkshow Podcast
- Lead Writer of Mothership: Dead Planet by Tuesday Knight Games
- Co-writer and developer of A Pound of Flesh by Tuesday Knight Games
- One page adventure modules for Mythoard (Horrid Echoes of the Blue Blade and The Doom of Hezekalimon the Transistor)
- Submissions to Metal Gods of Ur-Hadad
James A. Pozenel, Jr.
- Writer of Angels, Daemons & Beings Between, Volume 2: Elfland Edition by Shinobi 27 Games
- Writer of Fae Hard!, a DCC RPG Funnel by Shinobi 27 Games
- Submissions to Gong Farmer's Almanac
- Submissions to Sanctum Secorum
Ideally this will be the first of many projects by myself, James, and many others. I can't wait to bring you more material and adventures in the future. Thank you for reading, browsing, or skimming and congratulations if you've made it this far! An extra special thanks to you if you decide our book is worth backing!
Risks and challenges
Since the project is 98% finished, I don't expect there to be any risk. Even with stretch goals possibly adding a little bit of content, there will be no problem meeting the deadlines.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)