Hello there! If strange, surreal, and atmospheric character driven tales are your bag, then you've come to the right place: WARHEAD is a comic that offers all that and more!
Welcome one, welcome all- and welcome back to those intrepid travelers that have followed this comic and are back from out last kickstarter!
We're back again to kickstart Issues 8, 9 and 10 in this strange and wonderful tale.
Fair warning: WARHEAD IS A COMIC FOR MATURE AUDIENCES. It has nudity, strong adult language, and occasional violence. We warned you.
Katrina Kunstmann began creating WARHEAD in September of 2013, though the notion had taken root two years prior. WARHEAD concerns Adam, a misanthropic American graffiti artist living in London, England.
He also has a giant, acid green atom bomb for a head. But then again, when your ex-girlfriend and landlord is an eight-legged elk centaur, and your best friend has a cricket for a head, you don't stick out so much. With Adam seemingly sliding in and out of this already surreal landscape, it begs the question of whether or not all of the animal-headed and object-headed characters are figments in Adam's mind.
We follow Adam as he tries to keep his life together and get a foothold in his career. Given life by Katrina's vivacious, impressionistic style and talent for cinematic pacing, WARHEAD delivers engaging, atmospheric scenes and haunting imagery.
Have a gander below!
We're kickstarting to print Issues 8, 9, and 10 of WARHEAD! Each issue clocks in at over 20 pages, rendered in crisp greyscale.
We have a number of fabulous rewards rendered by Katrina, available on offer, as well as pins, stickers, and more pins, and even (gasp!) Issue 11 as a stretch goal! Additionally we're restocking a small amount of our back issues and these will be available as rewards as well!
Get your mitts on some exclusive swag, access to speed paint and process videos, and get your name emblazoned on the back of the issues forever and ever!
Become part of our object head cult!
Issues 8, 9, and 10
WARHEAD Kickstarter Exclusive Print
This delectable Sippable Synth-Wave Series is now also part of every reward tier of $40 and up!
That Atom Bomb Pin, Tho
All our pins are hard enamel pins with a high gloss finish. The atom bomb pin is 1.25" long. Quarter and tiny artist hand present for scale.
Each Inktober has been lovingly rendered by Katrina with sakura micron pens, ball point, brush pen, and marker, on bristol board. Each inktober is about 11.5"x8.25".
SO MANY PDF'S
Our PDF Power Pack is serving up these piping hot titles:
- WARHEAD Issues #1-10, written and illustrated by Katrina E Kunstmann
- Breaking Eggs, #1 written and illustrated by Katrina E Kunstmann
- Creature Feature Mashed Monsters: The Deep Forest #1, written and illustrated by Katrina E Kunstmann
- Alter-Life #1, written by Caleb Thusat, illustrated by Katrina Kunstmann
- ZED #1, written by Caleb Thusat, illustrated by Katrina Kunstmann
- Nook Part 1, written by Caleb Thusat
- Katrina Hates the Dead #1, written by Russell Nohelty
- Angels of Hell #1 by Reichard Cliff Chris
- Ghost Town #1 by Ray Friesen and Joe Heath
Teasers of the comics from our co-conspiritors is coming soon! I can tell you it relates to all manner of undead, ghosts, demons, and angels. So, you know, par for the course.
Postcards and Window Stickers now included with every Printed Comic Reward tier and up!
If you want an extra pin, book, or a back issue of WARHEAD, or the WARHEAD Volume 1 book, just up your backer amount and add a note!
Volume 1: $25; Extra Pin: $10; Extra Single/Back Issue: $5, Extra Print: $10
EDIT: We've updated our stretch goals to show love and adoration to our digital reward tier backers!
Check out the updated stretch goals below!
- All backers at the PDF Bundle and up will get two more digital PDFs from me, previously not publicly released! The comics are called "Meine Monster" which deals with mental health, monsters and gods (and correlates to an upcoming project about Norse Gods!); and "Unstable" which is a comic focusing on the stigma of mental health.
- Additionally all backers will receive digital wallpapers of the Sippable Synth-Wave Series for desktop and mobile (note that the mobile will be cropped to fit a portrait style screen display.)
- Certified Monster F*cker Pin is Unlocked! Backers at the Pin Reward tier and up will get 2 pins, and backers for all phsical rewards will get 1 pin!
- All backers will receive a PDF file for an Adam Atom Bomb and The C*nt head that you can print out and assemble into little 3D paper heads. These will have two files each: One to print small and hand held, and one to print mask size!
- Additionally Backers at reward tiers $20 and up will be drawn into a big group illustration with the WARHEAD cast in Trafalgar Square!
- The C*nt Pin is Unlocked! Reward tiers receiving 2 pins will get 3, and tiers getting 1 will get 2!
- All backers will receive a thank you animation of the WARHEAD Cast to express my gratitude! Your name will be in the credits!
- Anton Pin is Unlocked! Tiers getting 3 pins will now get all 4, and tiers getting 2 pins will get 3!
- All backers will receive a .exe file for a WARHEAD widow sitter for your laptop, PC, or tablet. Adam or The C*nt will sit atop your browser and hang out, keep you company, emote, react, and so forth.
- All pins will now come bagged with a super sleek back board to up the classiness.
- Production on the art as well as printing for WARHEAD Issue 11 is unlocked and added to all reward tiers (digital tiers get digital copies, physical reward tiers get physical copies!)
Our physical stretch goals this time are decidedly pin focused because Katrina wants pins of all her characters, and she thinks you might be inclined to agree that they do make stylish accessories for your wardrobe.
Check out what we got!
We have three new designs we're trying to get made this time. The Certified Monster F*cker Pin, hard enamel in a gunmetal; The C*nt Pin, hard enamel in silver; and finally an Anton Pin, hard enamel in gold.
If we get past all the pins, we fanc-i-fy all the pins with spectacular custom backboard for that ultra professional finish, hecks yea.
Lastly if we really hit it out of the park, we get WARHEAD Issue 11! The script for issue 11 is already written, but it hasn't been drawn yet. Turn around for this issue is roughly a month and a half, so it will deliver by end of May 2019 at the latest.
KATRINA is our intrepid creator, the writer and illustrator of WARHEAD who does all the things and is a permanently tired crabby monster because she works all the time. She is a full time professional illustrator and storyboard artist. She has worked on the series ZED, Alter-Life, Pet Noir, and a number of anthologies. WARHEAD is her pride and joy.
MORI is our editor, wise in the ways of linguistics. Were it not for her, these issues would be illegible. We are very thankful she is here.
ZACHARY is our resident video editor and cat calmer. He is the one responsible for editing Katrina's speed paint and process videos, and for editing all the videos together. He is a techno wizard supreme.
NICK is our unshakeable head of all things social and convention related. He's our front man and filled to the brim with charisma and spark. He makes sure everything is ship shape.
All our comics are printed through Ka-Blam, our on-demand printer based out of Florida.
Prints will be printed through locally sourced Trekk Imaging on hearty paper stock with a semi-matte finish. Trekk has always worked to give us the best possible product, even going so far as to reprint illustrations when their machines have had a wheel misalignment.
Pins are produced through NightOwl Printing, out of Texas. All of our pins are hard enamel with a high polish for that fantastically fabulous finish. NightOwl is fast, professional, and absolutely the best.
Our money breakdown is thusly:
70% - Printing the comics, printing the pins, and so forth. Making the things and getting them to us.
15% - Shipping the things from us, to all you amazing backers!
10% - Kickstarter Fees; we do have to pay the man, sadly.
5% - Buffer/Oh NO fund
Q: Didn't you say in the last kickstarter that you wouldn't be doing single issues anymore?
A: I did! And I didn't want to. I had intended to just keep plugging away at making volume two. But fans at comic shows kept asking for the latest issues that they had been reading along with online, and ultimately I want to give you guys what you want. And that seems to be single issues till I'm actually done with Volume 2.
Q: There was a hold up with print turn around for the trades last time. Will that happen this time?
A: Nope! Our turn around is six to seven weeks for printing, with some rush ordered copies for WonderCon. All the art is already finished, and I have already ordered a test copy of Issue 8 so I know what I'm getting this time. I gotchu', fam.
Risks and challenges
See the questions section in the campaign above!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (16 days)