Combining my love of travel and creative design I have been exploring the concept of designing map prints with a modern edge that are also a work of art to hang in your home or office. For the past year I have been creating map prints for family and friends and whilst at the same time creating an extensive library of map prints from places around the world. With your support I am hoping to create a website and also fund the purchase of a wide format printer. The aim of my venture is to sell custom map prints on my own website and across various ecommerce platforms and rather than outsource my printing due to the high printing costs for single or small print runs I am hoping to fulfil customers orders myself.
The map prints are fully customisable so I am happy to work with you to create a map of any place in the world. You will have the option of choosing 2 to 4 colours so it is possible to create a map with the land, water, green areas ( parks, woodland etc) and roads in different colours, place labels can also be added as shown the images below. The maps can be as colourful or minimalist as you like! Please see the inspiration gallery for some examples.
Below is a colour code chart for you to choose your colours - this will be added to the update page at the end of the campaign if my project is successful so you can make a note of the colours to add to the survey.
2 Colour map prints
3 Colour map prints
4 Colour map prints illustrating map labels ( labels can also be added to the 2 colour or 3 colour maps - please indicate with or without labels on the survey after the project ends.)
CHOICE OF TEXT LAYOUT AT THE BOTTOM - With or without coordinates
6 SIZE OPTIONS ( you can select the print size on the left --->>>>)
HOW IT WORKS
1. If you decide to support my project please select your reward on the left hand side of the page. This can either be for a single map print in 5 different sizes or for a set of prints.
2. The location and colours can be different for each map if you pledge for a set of prints.
3. A multiple choice survey will be sent after the project ends so you can select the location, colour / colours (using the codes in the chart above). The map prints can also have labels added if preferred.
4. Once your map print has been designed a proof will be emailed for your approval.
5. Prints are rolled in a mailing tube and will be posted with tracking - the cost for this is £5 for the UK and £7.50 Europe and International destinations.
Risks and challenges
As I won't be relying on suppliers there shouldn't be any delays with despatching prints, if this does change throughout or after the project I will keep all backers updated through the updates page. There could however be delays due to postal strikes, customs delays or items being lost in transit. If this does occur a replacement print will be sent once confirmed by the post office.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)