The world's first combination faucet extender and soap dispenser allows adults to preset water flow and temperature, making hand washing safe, fun and easy for children. Children feel confident and look forward to washing their hands with the Whaleywasher. Clean healthy hands are within your child’s reach!
Benefits of the Whaleywasher:
The Dirty Details - when creating the Whaleywasher, it was important
that the following criteria were met:
- Appealing to children
- Safe for children to use (Materials used are BPA, PVC, and Phthalates free)
- Durable (so it could withstand the constant use of my 3 children)
- Affordable for parents (parents spend a lot of money on products to try to improve the quality of life for their children and themselves)
- Effective in ensuring access to both soap and water (only putting water within reach, but not soap, would only accomplish half the problem in ensuring effective hand washing)
- Overall design would allow for multiple character options beyond the initial whale representation
The Beauty of This Product vs. the Alternatives
What we love the most about this design is the functionality. It combines the two most important elements of hand washing, soap and water, into a single solution. It frees up counter space by eliminating the need for a soap dispenser. It also frees up floor space taken up by large, bulky step stools. No other comparable product to the Whaleywasher exists!
The Importance of Hand Washing:
You can back our project for as little as $1, but for $5 and above your pledge gets you the following:
- $5 or more = The Whaleywasher ‘steps to washing your hands poster’
- $10 or more = The Whaleywasher hand washing reward chart and sticker chart
- $35 or more = (1) one blue Whaleywasher *INCLUDES US SHIPPING
- $60 or more = (2) two blue Whaleywashers *INCLUDES US SHIPPING
- $250 or more = (2) two blue Whaleywashers, plus we will post a picture of your child using the Whaleywasher on our website *INCLUDES US SHIPPING
- $2,500 or more = join us in Las Vegas at the 2014 ABC Kids Expo in Las Vegas
The Whale Tail :)
My name is Rebecca and I am a busy mom of three. I have two boys ages 6 and 4, and a girl going on 2.I also have a PhD in nursing research and practice at one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers. In health care, hand washing has been, and continues to be, a major initiative.So getting my children to wash their hands sounds like a no-brainer, right? If only it were that easy.Helping my children wash their hands is more like a circus act than simple process, mainly because they are just too small to reach the faucet. Even with a step stool, it’s a challenge. What’s more frustrating is that they want to be independent and do it themselves. Invariably, I end up hoisting them up so that they can turn on the faucet, reach the soap, and also reach the water. Now repeat this process multiple times a day. Translation? DISASTER!
An Easier Way….Despite my desperate search, I couldn’t find anything to help me. So, with help from my husband, I invented the Whaleywasher. Thanks to the Whaleywasher, children feel confident and look forward to washing their hands.
To date we have personally financed the following:
- Intellectual Property (Patent pending)
- Name, Logo, Trademarks
We will use the monies raised on Kickstarter for:
- Initial MOQ
- Testing, certification, etc.
About the Creators:
My name is Rebecca Trotta, and I am a busy mom of three. I also have a PhD in nursing research from the University of Pennsylvania and practice at one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers. I have professional experience in health care, particularly in nursing and geriatrics. My knowledge and experience is directly applicable to healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and medical device industries.
My name is Vinny Trotta, and I am a busy father of three. I have diverse experience with large Fortune 500 and venture based start-ups. I have held a variety of leadership, direct sales and marketing positions. In addition, I possess hands on experience launching new product offerings via successful Go-to-Market campaigns. I am known for my entrepreneurial vision and integrity.
Special Thanks or As We Like to Say “Spout Outs” to:
- Our Family, Friends, and the many great and helpful people we met along the way
- Our manufacturing team, specifically Gary and Ailist
- John A for creating a solid video production
Risks and challenges
Summing it All Up
Over the past year and a half, we have completed three rounds of prototyping. With help from our prototyping company, manufacturer, various business advisors, friends, family, complete strangers, and others who have gone before us on Kickstarter, we’ve created an innovative product. We feel great about the team that we have assembled and where we are in the process.
About our manufacturing partner...After carefully reviewing our options and checking references, we are happy to work with a company that produces quality products and sustainable results. Our partner is of high integrity, with over 21 years experience meeting and exceeding expectations of small and mid-sized companies. They provide us with product management, development, and manufacturing support. They also advise and mentor us around sales, marketing, and distribution. They possess specific expertise in the areas most import in ensuring the Whaleywasher's success:
• Rapid Prototyping
• Plastics: injection, compression, extrusion, blo, dip rotational, thermoforming, shrink
• Tooling: molds & dies
Net / Net = all of hard work has resulted in a “pre - production prototype”
Projected sequence of events:
• Weeks 1 – 5 = Mold Fabrication
• Week 6 = Mold Trial & Sample Verification
• Week 7 = Production Sampling
• Weeks 8 – 9 = Run Production
• Weeks 10 – 14 = Shipment to Warehouse & US Customs
• Weeks 15 – 16 = Fulfill order and ship to customers
Lastly, both Rebecca and I have a long history of driving projects to completion on time and on budget. We are laser focused and results driven. In addition, we are open, honest, and proactive communicators. We will always answer questions in a timely manner.
Please help us 'reach' our goals so children everywhere can start washing.
Without your support, this would not be possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)