It has been a long time since the last update and another update is long due. Thanksgiving is just around the corner and we at Mishmi Takin have a lot to be thankful for. I always get late everywhere. So, for once, let me get a headstart here and give thanks a bit in advance. Thank you lord for all the things you have done for us this year. Some of them being -
- We survived the hurricane season - For those of you keeping track, Hurricane Irma was headed straight for Tampa with its powerful winds. But, at the very last minute, it changed course and hit 100 miles south. We were spared a lot of potential grief and lived to tell the tale. Thank you, THOR.
- We finished shipping to our backers - Sometime last month, I finally finished shipping to our backers. Yaay! We had hit a very tough cash crunch over the summer and it took an agonizingly long time to finish the last 10-15% of the backers, but we finally got through it. I am mighty pleased. If you haven't received your rewards yet for any reason or need to exchange etc, please get in touch. (There are a few backers who never bothered to fill out their surveys. If you are one of them, please reach out to me.)
- Mishmi Takin in Men's Health - Mishmi Takin Kameng made it to the Men's Health and got featured as the 'Best Backpacking Boot'. With Men's Health being one of the biggest magazines in US, it boosted our morale like anything. In addition, Mishmi Takin Cayambe got featured in Men's Fitness and Virunga jacket got featured by Gear Institute in 'Best hard shells of 2017'. Did I say Thanks yet?
- Half Marathon - And a personal success, after struggling for 5 years with a plantar fascitis injury, I finally recovered enough to be able to run a half marathon last weekend. This was my first race of any kind in 3 years. You bet, I am mighty pleased.
- Best of all - And, finally some pictures which capture the spirit of the year gone by and the reason to be thankful like nothing else can.
Have a wonderful thanksgiving and holiday season.
Thanks and Regards,
1 - We are headed to Prescott, Arizona and Grand Canyon for Thanksgiving. If you are in the area, drop me a line. It would be awesome to meet.
2. Keep us in mind this holiday season. If you are planning to gift some gear to loved ones, let us know and we would make it worthwhile for you.
3. Finally, if you haven't done yet, if you could write a review on Amazon, that would be super helpful for us. Especially, the jackets need more reviews. The link is - https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mishmi+takin
Thanks again. We love you.