AirTights™ - Leggings built for long-haul travel
AirTights™ by AO Label - Leggings built for long-haul travel. Sustainably and ethically made.
Introducing AirTights™ by AO Label -- leggings built specially for long-haul travel with a stylish ath-leisure spin.
I created AirTights™ out of a love for travel, both for work and leisure. Long-haul travel can be taxing on your body, especially when you're sitting upright for 10+ hours and jetting from terminal to terminal on your feet.
I've tried a good number of tights, leggings and compression wear bought from Amazon to big name brands to supermarket brands but none of these have fulfilled my need for a good pair of leggings that do what I want at a decent price that also doesn't harm the environment.
My aim is for AirTights™ to become your go-to travel wear, something easy, comfortable and accessible. The ultimate goal is for AirTights to be stocked in every airport in the world.
The Ultimate Travel Companion
AirTights™ are made from a specially engineered recycled fabric that is breathable, provides support (especially in the lumbar region) and aids circulation (for DVT).
The fabric itself is lightweight and quick to dry, abrasion resistant, does not sag and is waterproof.
AirTights™ are designed to last and will not pile or snag. It is a resilient garment that will stand the test of time and multiple washes.
AirTights™ is ethically and sustainably made because it should be.
AirTights™ is currently in the development process. Our first round of Kickstarter aims to fund further R&D for the beta MVP.
What does R&D mean?
Essentially, we are working with textile engineers to develop the AirTights™ fabric -- this is a fairly costly process as it requires many iterations, improvements and back-to-square-ones. This is the part of the process that I do not want to rush because it will build the foundation for the final AirTights™ product.
The beta MVP is meant to be a proof of concept. Once this has been achieved, we plan to reach out to potential investors to fund the mass production of AirTights™ as well as major airports in the world.
Kickstarter Round 1
What you are helping to fund:
1. Further R&D for beta AirTights™
2. Professionally made product videos and website for beta AirTights™
3. Micro-production for investors/airports
4. First round of marketing
What we are giving back to you as a massive THANK YOU:
We have two options available.
An AO Label organic cotton Tank Top
An AO Label organic cotton Tote Bag
Kickstarter Round 2
Kickstarter Round 2 will be for pre-orders of the alpha MVP AirTights™.
What is alpha?
Alpha is a final iteration of the beta MVP after Round 1's beta product which will have been tested again by a small group of people. The Alpha product will be ready for market and we will be soft launching AirTights™ on Kickstarter before we officially launch it globally on our website (and hopefully in major airports world-wide).
Risks and challenges
With every idea comes challenges and risks.
There will be a number of roadblocks - most of which I won't be able to foresee, some of which I have.
These risks are:
1. Not enough funding in Round 1 to get the beta MVP off the ground -- this will mean I will attempt to launch Round 1.1 of Kickstarter to get additional funding
2. The beta MVP does not get investors or interest from Airports -- I intend for the beta MVP to be an iteration so this is likely. What's important to me is getting real people to test the beta MVP so that I can improve on it for the Alpha product
3. Someone else beats me to it and releases their own version of travel tights. Well, abundance theory. Also, everyone will have their own unique take on travel wear, AirTights™ will be unique to AO Label and developed and iterated constantly.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)