The Misfits is a stylized 3rd person shooter game with one thing in mind...Kill or be Killed. No Class Ugrades, No Exosuit, No problem.
The Misfits is a stylized 3rd person shooter game with one thing in mind...Kill or be Killed. No Class Ugrades, No Exosuit, No problem. Read more
About this project
The Misfits is a stylized third person arena shooter with one objective in mind... Kill or be Killed. No Class Upgrades, No Exo-suits, No problem. Take advantage of cover, crouching, jumping, sliding, weapon pickups, a day/night cycle and good old-fashioned communication, to destroy the opposing team. For our full release, we plan to ship with 8 unique maps and multiple team oriented game modes.
Have you ever had a debt too big to pay? This group of extraordinary individuals have one unique factor that unites them. That is to be free from a sinister mob boss who purchased all the debt owed by these individuals and their degenerate family members. To pay off their debts, this crew must take down all opposing gangs throughout the city and build up his territory. Once these Misfits figure out that they can never get out of debt, the only solution is to overthrow the boss and take down his reign. Only by working together as a team, can this become a reality.
Genre: Third Person Shooter
Players: 2 to 20 players
Release: Winter 2017
We have eight themed arenas planned for Steam release. Each uniquely themed location contains elevated sections, streamlined multiple paths and secondary routes to promote game play experience. Our goal is to have no wasted game play space. Arenas include the following:
- Downtown Plaza (Outdoor Mall)
- Palawan (Island)
- Lucky Dice (Casino)
- City Station (Light Rail City Themed)
- The Bog (Swamp)
- Dragons Back (Desert)
- Contract Killer: This is your traditional team death match with 10 vs. 10 players. The first team to reach target number of kills or that has the most kills when the timer expires wins the match.
- Gang War: Similar to contract killer but 4 teams of 5 players fight against each other for bragging rights to see who has the best crew. The team with the most kills before the timer or the counter expires wins the match.
- Smash & Grab: This objective based game mode has three rounds and no re-spawns. Your crew is tasked to smash and grab the contents of three randomly placed safes in the level. You must destroy as many safes and bring their contents back to your getaway vehicle before the time expires, there are no enemies left or there are no safes left in the round. The team with the most objectives completed will win the match.
- Turf War: This is your traditional territories match. Use teamwork to capture points randomly placed in the environment. The team with the most points, captures and holds their turf will win the match.
- Cash Grab: The objective is to collect and bank the most money through kills, destructibles and randomly placed cash bags throughout the environment. The team that collects the most cash and banks it at their getaway point will win the match. Don't wait too long to bank your cash, because if you get killed you become a money pinata and everything you just picked up becomes someone else's cash.
- Grenade Launcher
- Health Pickup
- Ammo Pickup
- Day/Night Cycle
- Quick Climb
- Heavy: Increased health, slower speed, LMG/Assault equipped.
- Medium: Moderate health, moderate speed, Assault/Shotgun equipped.
- Light: Lower health, increased speed, SMG/Assault equipped.
- Animation/FX Creation
- Character/Level Audio Integration
- UI/UX Integration
- Additional Gamemodes
- Additional Environments
- Misc Gameplay Functionality
- Steam Integration
- Alpha (Closed) May 2017
- Beta (Closed) June 2017
- Steam Early Access July/August 2017
- Steam Release Winter 2017
Funding is really the key to these stretch goals. If we are able to secure additional funding for the game, we will be able to hire on additional staff to help tackle these goals. Otherwise we will be moving forward with them after release when and if we can get to them.
- Facebook Gameroom Release
- Clan Integration
- Meta Game Faction Integration
- Console Release (Xbox One, PS4)
- Survival Mode
Pig Dog Games is a small indie startup comprised of six core members with 20+ years of development experience behind them. We've worked on multiple shipped titles for studios like Sony Online, Namco, Electronic Arts, Rocketeer Games. Our focus is making AAA titles for pc, mac and console. We've decided to go all-in on creating our own studio starting with our first title, The Misfits. We are technically minded and driven to make memorable and engaging gameplay for the casual and hardcore gamer alike.
Like you, we believe in this game and want it to succeed. The team is hard at work with UI/UX integration, building art, adding mechanics, recording audio, coding, creating and playtesting features. The Misfits has recently been greenlit by the players on Steam, so we have early access in our sights. We've basically created a monster game from scratch, with zero budget and a skeleton crew taking on second jobs and doing whatever it takes to bring this game into fruition. Dedication and team work has brought us this far, but we could sure use your help to get us the rest of the way. With Kickstarter backing, we can finally hire a few key members to offset some of the tasks. The game in its current state is 70% completed, but we need and would love your support to get us to full completion.
If you're into team-based gameplay with a comic book feel, then help support our development team on Kickstarter. Also show your support on our YouTube channel and subscribe for the latest development V-Blog. Stay tuned for updates. Thanks for your support!
Risks and challenges
With game development there are always risks and challenges. Fortunately, we are well on our way to completion of the project. We just need support from Kickstarter to get us the extra help and funding to go full sprint for this final push...Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (60 days)