About this project
WHO WE ARE:
DROP TV (Direct Revolution of Programming) is a magazine-style series of half hour television/video episodes packed with high energy segments made for youth, by youth. Get ready, because this isn't your grandparent's TV show, this is DROP TV - our media, our way. Segments include Backyard Tourist, FACE (Food And Clean Energy), Youth Art, Media Minute and Speak Out. DROP TV is produced by youth between the ages of 14 and 19 at Children's Media Project (a nonprofit media arts organization). Youth do everything from scripting to final editing. They create video poems, mini-docs, narratives, and animations. Season Seven of DROP TV will be better than ever because now DROP youth know how to create 3-D CGI animations!
WHAT WE DO:
DROP TV (Direct Revolution of Programming) is created at Children's Media Project in an educational after school and summer program that teaches youth media arts and technology skills. DROP TV exhibits a variety of youth-produced works (documentary, live action, public service announcement, experimental), graphic design, music production, video editing, acting, and animation skills in students while creating ten exciting episodes each year for the series. Through mentoring and creation of media youth are exposed to increasingly sophisticated ideas and concepts; gain access to employment opportunities; build leadership; and become empowered to become active participants in the media; and to use media as a platform to creatively explore and share their opinions and knowledge.
Here's just some of the amazing stuff that DROP TV does:
• The public, especially a youth audience, receives professionally produced youth centered media and delivers important messages to youth from youth.
• Youth curate work from youth organizations from around the globe to enhance the DROP TV show.
• Students design resumes, perform self-assessments, and put together their portfolio of work created for DROP TV (both completed works and works-in-progress).
• Youth connect with other organizations, artists, and youth doing community development work throughout the region.
• DROP TV is distributed through Public Access stations around the globe and has won a huge variety of awards and recognition!
WHERE YOU COME IN:
DROP TV provides an exceptional learning experience for youth in media arts. Youth in DROP experience positive risk taking, community involvement and artistic advancement, things all kids need to succeed and grow in their communities.
But we need your help. Media equipment and studio space is expensive. In order to create quality programming for youth and provide a safe space to creatively explore after school, we need to pay rent, update our equipment and distribute the series. Your donation is tax-exempt and the proceeds go directly to help fund the creativity of the kids.
If you care about how media effects children, how it can empower youth and what you do can do, PLEASE GIVE!
Support this project
- (30 days)