by Benjamin W Widdowson - ProjectSenseDev
@Doctor Dementor - We will be making a post about this issue soon to explain our position and decisions. We are not particularly "worried", but are watching the situation closely and discussing internally our options. I personally do not take this issue lightly as it has effected several games I myself pre-ordered from japan and was very excited about. I understand how some of you may be worried, but I ask that everyone give us some time to address it correctly and thoughtfully.
So in the worst case scenario , if you need to censor/alter the content in the ps4 version ,would it be the same for the other systems ?it will be exactly the same altered game? i was planning to take it on ps4 but with this new policy i will definitely take the pc version (at least steam took the step to accept every kind of game with full content and no more censorship)
@Benjamin W Widdowson Thank you for the reply! Sorry if it was redundant.
@MAtt Luft - yup!
@Pierre Gosselin - I believe you can wait for the survey, yes
Hello. Just to be sure : I pledged 33$ on the "no reward" pledge to have only the PSVita physical version... Do I have to pre-order on Backerkit or only wait the KS survey in 2019 ?
Thank you for the reply and the clarification! So we have approximately a year to pre order?
@MAtt Luft - If you only pledged 5$, yes you will need to preorder the physical copy now. Or, at least before we end preordering lol
So if I backed the project at the 5 dollar tier and didn't add any additional money, do I need to pre order the physical copies now or do I still wait and add on later? Sorry this is slightly confusing.
To be clear everyone, if you already ordered a physical during the campaign, you do not need to pledge again, you can just select which one you want once the survey goes out.
We are also aware of the censorship issue with Sony; we've internally discussed it and we know it's out of our hands for now, but it's not something we're especially worried about. We're looking into it further and taking precautions and will be transparent about how it will affect us if we hear anything. We know in an absolute worst case scenario it may result in slight art changes/adaptations for those systems (again, in an absolute worst case scenario), but it's nothing that bars us from publishing there or cutting content.
@ Doctor Dementor - Yes, very nervous. We will make a statement on this shortly. I want to wait and see what happens for a few more days though. Knee-jerk reactions aren't good for business!
@JAck Chiu - yes-is. We may need to add more time later on, but the plan is to release the digital only version of the game next year about this time. Physicals following later.
@Oliver Bennett - It will be only be a few locations to test some gameplay things and features. It will not be narrative or even remotely a full build. We just want your feedback at that stage.
@KDM - If you pledged, just wait for the surveys to go out next year, closer to launch. No need to add more money yet. However, if you only pledged digital you will need to pay for an additional physical. physical vita versions are now pre-orderable and will be until we are ready to launch.
@T Franks - you don't need to preorder! Just wait until the surveys go out to pick your platform.
@David - No, just wait for the survey!
Thanks for the Qs everyone!
One question. I backed with the 5.00 tier then added another 30.00 to it for a total of 35.00 pledged, do I need to pre-order on Backerkit now, or wait for the survey later on? Thanks, can't wait for the game!
Great to see that costume and progress. Now, I pledged at the Embracing the Unknown - Physical Artbook Tier, which included a physical copy of the game. Do I still need to preorder on BackerKit, or is it already taken care of barring the choice of platform? Thanks for the time.
To clarify, how does this work with existing Kickstarter pledges? If I already pledged for a digital copy, do I just fork up another $25 for the physical?
And what about people who weren't part of the initial wave? Can they order these as well? This is going to be one of the last physical releases for the Vita so some folks may be interested in it.
How long would the backer beta build be? (in terms of gameplay)
Great to hear that the game is progressing well love the product can't wait to play :D
Backer kit says that preorders end in 354 days. Is that correct?
Vita means life! Thanks for not forgetting about the island
Cool but don't you fear censorship with the new brutal and incredibly stupid Sony policy ?
@Bob M. Yup! we are working with East Asia Soft for Vita physicals
Are you sure you have the ability to release on Vita physically? At least in the West, Sony has set a firm cut-off for early 2019 and my understanding is that all orders have to be submitted by then.
Yes, When surveys go out sometime in Q2-Q3 2019 you guys will be able to pick the platform you want
Cool, I'm glad to see it's also coming to the PS4 as a physical release. Will the PS4 version be a choice if you've backed the Collector's Edition?
I had pledged 35 on the campaign for physical copy. Will you send out surveys soon on backerkit so I can pick platform?