First, we want to give a huge thanks to all those who’ve given their support to our campaign so far. You have been a huge help for the opening days of the campaign!
Let’s look at one of the most important features of STARWHAL - the multiplayer portions of the game! The core of any good STARWHAL party takes place in the multiplayer arenas. We’re working on several ideas for multiplayer modes. Here’s a quick rundown of what they are:
1) Last Man Standing - ie, classic STARWHAL. The objective is to tag your fellow players in the heart with your tusk. Once you are tagged enough times you are out. Last person left wins!
2) Team battle - Similar to Last Man Standing but played 2v2.
3) Score Attack - Every time you tag a fellow player’s heart you get a point. The person with the most points when the timer runs out wins the match!
4) King of the Zones - One or more scoring zones are placed on the map. If you tag the center you control that zone and will gain points the longer you hold it. As a bonus, when you take control of a zone, anybody within the bubble will get fired out at blistering speeds! Take a look:
5) Heart Throb - Like a reverse game of classic tag - one person is deemed the target and has their heart exposed. The longer you can stay as the target, the more points you gain. Highest points takes the match!
6) Soccer mode - We’re working on a variation of soccer where a ball needs to be pushed into a goal. We want to make sure it’s fun so we’re trying various approaches including a giant ball that moves very slowly so there’s lots of fighting over influence.
Next update we’ll be bringing you more information about the Single Player portions of the game! Please tell your friends about the game and spread the word about the fundraising campaign. And stay tuned for more updates!