The new Beta 5 update of Starwhal is now live. Here's what you can expect:
Challenge Mode - this is an early preview of the single player mode that tests your STARWHAL skills. You have two different types of challenges; obstacle and target mode. In obstacles, you just need to make it to the finish line as fast as you can. In target mode, you want to hit all the floating heart targets as fast as possible. There are also a couple of other neat features:
- Ghosts - your play gets recorded and uploaded so you can race against yourself, a Steam friend, as well as somebody who is close to your existing performance
- Highscores - Try to get faster times to unlock the coveted Platinum Medal.
- Leaderboards (coming soon) - not in this preview build, but upcoming versions will have Steam Leaderboard information displayed in game.
Visual Overhaul of the UI on most screens
- On the Player Selection screen you now have to ready up before going to the next screen (This means less accidental clicks to go to the next screen)
Mode select now gives you more freedom of the type of game you want to play
- The settings in the Options menu now save their state between different game sessions
- There are now some full screen effects that happen occur during slow mo, and on heart hits (These can be disabled in the options screen)
Xbox One controller support on windows
More new awesome music tracks and sounds!
- The Starwhal player has been made more sleek for improved jousting!
- When a heart is hit in versus mode there is now a shattering effect to show how long the heart is invulnerable for
- Ice blocks are now a bit easier to break in the Foresaken world
- The Level “Fast Forward” has been tweaked
- Fixed the long standing and mysterious issue where sometimes a heart icon in the GUI won’t appear in Classic mode
- The camera now better frames the action on the versus levels
The curved blocks in the levels are now smoother so it is easier to slide on them
Key Bindings:Adding/Removing AI on the keyboard are now changed to the P and O keys respectively from the +/- keys. In the Player selection screen the confirm button for the WASD controls is the ‘Space’ key
- Long Scarf
- Female Assassin