At The Pinhook we want to create the best sound possible for the bands that play and the community that listens. We love this city!
That's what we want to do. We want to let the rhythm guide you, let the treble pull you in, and let the room allow the bands to show you how amazingly talented they are. We want to let every dance party thump you, let every folk band sway you, every rock band shake you. We want what you want, to hear the finest touring and local musicians in a room that's intimate and comfortable, and close to home.
A Slide Show from Ashe Crowe! http://vimeo.com/30907156
A little about our venue:
Since opening its doors on Election Day in 2008, Durham's The Pinhook has aspired to bring you national acts that rock and swoon you, from The Butchies to The Mountain Goats, and local acts like Mount Moriah and Dexter Romweber. Focusing on the expanding local scene, the venue in the heart of Downtown Durham has hosted legendary performances by both established acts and brand new performers.
We're looking forward to bills such as *Shonen Knife / The Ghost of Rock*, *Javelin / Organos*, *Crystal Antlers / Old Bricks / FES*, *Memoryhouse / Nests / Jenny Besetzt*.
We also love to work with local organizations, such as Duke Performances, to host events such as benefits, community meetups, and informal sessions with visiting artists, musicians and filmmakers.
Our mission statement sums it up, really:
The Pinhook is YOUR place. We believe that communities thrive when there is a public place for their citizens to be themselves, whether on stage or on a barstool, relaxing or rocking out.
You have to make your own fun in life, and we’re here to help.
What we plan to with your selfless contributions:
* Work with the Triangles best sound engineers to design a room that fits the needs of our community, and the killer talent that's coming through our town. John Koelle has engineered several venues in the Triangle, including Kings and The Haw River Ballroom.
* Construct a solid stage with sound proofing that will be secure and handled with love in your downtown Durham venue for years to come.
* Work with designers to maximize space in the room for sweaty dance parties and packed shows.
* Purchase new equipment to push the jams the right way - a larger board to accommodate saving multiple sound checks, and hosting Guided By Voices ;)
* Essentially, we want to use the space we have in the best way possible to keep bringing you acts like O'Death and Shonen Knife, make D-Town Brass sound like the best brass band you've ever heard and Phil Cook and his Feat sound like he's playing in your living room. We think you deserve it...
How long have we been a local music venue? It's our three year anniversary and we're still going strong, figuring out how best to be your venue for hella fun. We want to have this set up by the end of the year so that we can kick off 2012 the right way ... Its time to pump up the bass, is it not?
Thanks for taking the time to look at our campaign! If you would like to help out, please donate!
* Many thanks to David Koslowski for the amazing video!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.