YuliApp, crowd cloud online shop with shipping platform
YuliApp, crowd cloud online shop with shipping platform
I want to give small shops way to compete against global giants, more free time for you and open source the online marketplace.
I want to give small shops way to compete against global giants, more free time for you and open source the online marketplace. Read more
Hello I am Yulia, bachelor of applied sciences from the University of Frankfurt in Germany.
Let me show you my bachelor project, our company.
Now Exclusive on KickStarter
Pledge to get the best job on the world: Depot Manager.
Depots are local support offices around the world who manage shops and communities around the world. Think, like a forum for your own city.
Read more about the Depots here:
YuliApp is Simple and Ingenious
We created the online marketplace targeted at small business owners, artists and in general everybody who has something to offer but struggles with competing against global giants on uneven ground.
I am regular small town girl next door who've seen the community around her changed in recent years. We are told where and what to buy and every small business owner struggles against supermarkets and global giants like Amazon or eBay.
I studied hard and then all of us worked even harder for over two years to bring our dream to life.
I lived in a village in Germany where is no bakery, no shop, where old people need to drive a taxi to pick medicament from the pharmacy. But we got TWO BANKS, one insurance office and 13 Cigarette dispensers.
I want to open source and crowd-source online shopping
We created a website and mobile apps which are designed to connect local shops and servicemen with their potential customers around the world.
How? Pretty simple.
We have zero sales provision so shops and producers can sell for same profit as if you would visit them personally.
Shops can opt for own delivery service (or parcel) or to use built in crowd delivery service (our shopping fairies).
Customers can shop for available products, services, classified ads or just contact shopping fairy to shop for them.
And the best part? We are online already! On web and Apps for Android and iOS
Why it matters?
- Somebody wants more time, somebody needs work, everybody benefits from working local community.
Shopping fairies can deliver groceries if you are busy, sick or just do not like to wake up in the morning. Traditional post and delivery companies focus on business customers and rarely come in convenient time.
- Variable delivery price balance supply and demand. One shopping fairy can deliver for more customers at the time, from various shops at specified time.
Free time is valuable, cars gets mileage, environment is overloaded with 20 people picking up coffee from one shop every day.
- Global shops have more power negotiating delivery costs, margin and special deals. They can push ads to your face and tell you what and when to buy. It is very hard to enter the market for anybody new as they have to compete with price to get even and then spend money to get seen.
- Almost all global giants have huge margins making almost impossible to sell for profit anything what is not made in huge amounts and sold globally.
- Our shopping fairies can be a huge help for everybody who have knowledge gap in using internet, is sick or disabled. You can task them to deliver "something good" for breakfast, send a photo of wine you bought recently on a petrol station or find you somebody who can trim your trees or change your tyres.
- In YuliApp you can shop for everything. Supporting your local shops even if they are not registered at YuliApp. Just write where you want your bread from in plain text.
- Once we gain momentum and enough customers, we will open source the project, product database and shop editor so world community can take over and do for the online shopping what Linux did for server market - The Choice. You might want because as Amazon, Google, eBay, Facebook and few others slowly creeping to absolute dominance in online market, our future looks rather pale.
- Success of YuliApp is not based on success of this KickStarter, we are strong enough, but we believe it is important to get known fast and see the response from community.
- As a bonus, we created an opportunity for delivery jobs for everybody who wants to participate. Especially young moms, hard to employ people and everybody who wants to be flexible with their source of income.
How we'll spend it
About 50% we will use to help local representatives in different countries to create their own depots based on YuliApp.They can adjust each depot to local specifics, language and spread the word out.
Rest will be other forms of marketing. Online ads, offline ads, virals, educational videos.
We are ready to discuss, explain, communicate.
Even one Euro can make a difference. Thank You!
Risks and challenges
As of now, we believe there are no big risks.
Mainly because we have been on purpose waiting for publication until we are finished with the main features.
My concept is also reviewed by many smart people in the business as it is my bachelor project.
However, the risk is still that some big behemoth of a shop with virtually unlimited resources will beat us down if we are not fast enough, we cannot save money and wait a year or two.
So marketing here is the key to success.
The company we created is already now profitable, we have no loans and we own all that we need. All know-how is internal too, we do not outsource anything.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)