Noah - Print It EveryWhere (Canceled)
Noah - Print It EveryWhere (Canceled)
Your personal assistant in 3D printing: Manages multiple printers, inside slicing and safeguards systems of the printing
Your personal assistant in 3D printing: Manages multiple printers, inside slicing and safeguards systems of the printing Read more
About this project
What is Noah
Noah is a small device created to simplify the use of 3D printer and to solve the most common issues in this sector.
The answer to many needs in just one device.
The idea of Noah comes from an analysis of the problems both encountered by us and reported by users.The printing process often is stopped by filament break or interruption, or by current fault. Noah is a small device that manages all these troubles and allows you to control the 3d printing process from distance by interfacing with any 3d printer model.
The slicing process is easier because Noah does it internally without the use of an external cloud or software. The converted files are automatically inserted in a printing queue controlled directly by Noah. The device is accessible by a web graphic interface and it is equipped with wifi system to connect with smart sensors, projected by us, that send in real time the state and troubles of 3d printers, if there are any.
Noah can controls multiple 3d printers, without the use of SD-card or USB-key, based on Marlin, Splinter and Repetier firmware, regardless of hardware manufacturer. Others will be implemented soon.
This comparison is created with the informations that is accessible to us
- Retrieving a print interrupted: Due to external factors such as current fault or filament end, noah pauses the printing process and resumes the work automatically when the errors are removed*.
- Multiprinter: Centralized system to manage printers (currently 6 printer's USB in parallel and theoretically 250 printer's in Wifi).
- Intuitive Webinterface: A single interface to manage everything from slicing to the print. No app needed.
- MultiUser: Noah manages an unlimited number of users organized inside the device by creating a dedicated work space for everyone.
- FileSharing: Noah allows to share files between all users registered in the device.
- Managing the print queue: Noah can manage a queue of files to print theoretically infinite and managing them intelligently
- Internal Slicing: Noah is able to make the slicing of your files without Internet connection.
- Information display: An LCD display provides real-time information about the status of printers and the system itself.
- Wifi: The Noah is reached via an ad hoc network (Access Point) or by connecting to your WiFi network.
- Auto-Updating: The system updates itself automatically, without the need of any maintenance management software.
* it is necessary to use an external UPS to allow data backup.
Noah system is highly scalable, and thanks to updates released by Kentstrapper, it could extend its potentiality even more.
We are now working additional features such as:
- Manage Makerbot Printer
- Wireless connection with all compatible printers
- Interconnect between multiple Noah devices
- Managing IP Cam for remote viewing of the printer and jobs.
- Automatic selection of the printer on which print the file (if there are more than one available printer )
We have over 20 combined years of experience in the world of programming and eight years in the field of 3D printers. Previous projects we have helped in the realization are:
- Zero 3D Printer
- Siaren Gui
- Phoenix System
- Galileo Smart 3D Printer
In this video you could see noah manage multiple 3dprinter (connected by usb cable)
In this two videos you could see the web interface of Noah to control your printing process
Risks and challenges
Supply chain and logistics: We have already verified bulk pricing of each physical part through multiple distributors. However, unforeseen complications from manufacturers and distributors may cause delayed delivery.
The list of printers that we can support is dependent on how open the format is for each printer. If your printer is open source, Noah should already work with it. If it does not work, we can figure out how to make it work. However, commercially closed source 3D printers may be more difficult to integrate with Noah.
Support this project
- (30 days)