About this project
Hello Kickstarters! We set out to solve one of the oldest cooking problems - how to perfectly crack an egg without making a mess.
Why solve the egg cracking problem? Well, because we SUCKED at it!!! We left messes everywhere!
And after serving 8 years in the Marine Corps, and cleaning with toothbrushes, we vowed to do everything we can to minimize our need to clean!
We tried various egg cracking products sold online or on T.V. that millions have tried, but we noticed one important thing about those products - they actually made cracking eggs more difficult, time consuming, and messy.
So, we set out to design something that makes cracking eggs easier, flawless, and fast, but most importantly something to HELP YOU KEEP YOUR KITCHEN CLEAN!
OUR KEY CRITERIA:
Functionality - It had to perfectly crack an egg every single time and contain any eggy mess. It had to be ergonomically simple and make cracking eggs easier, not more difficult or messy.
Cleaning - One single, solid product that is simple to clean.
Design - It had to look good, be something that people could openly display on the kitchen counter tops (if desired) or small enough to put in a drawer.
And here is our final design!
- Ridiculously simple design
- Perfect stable surface for cracking eggs
- 4 inches x 5 inches
Center edge is long enough to crack any size egg
- Side walls are 4.5mm thick
- Dishwasher safe
Wall divot for easy cracking
Base gap makes them stackable
Check out how easy it is to use
Plus, use it for other kitchen functions
PLUS...Backers who submit their email to our website (www.CrackemEggs.com)
Like our Facebook page have a shot at winning the GOLDEN CRACK'EM!
IT'S WORTH OVER $500!!!
What is the GOLDEN CRACK'EM???
Learn more about the GOLDEN CRACK'EM on our website www.crackemeggs.com
"Special Thanks To" Card
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Using this product was easy and clean up was a breeze! It worked so well my 5 year old was able to help me crack eggs!
-Jessica Simms, Blogger, Sweet 'N Sour Deals.com
The Crack'em is one of these tools like the Beater Blade that makes me wonder just how I lived without it. I would get a bunch of them to serve as the perfect stocking stuffer for your baking friends. They will bless you!
-Rose Levy Beranbaum, Author/Blogger, Real Baking with Rose Levy Beranbaum.com
WHY WE NEED FUNDS
We're needing $15,000 to begin the manufacturing process through injection molding.
Injection molding melts raw materials down to a liquid and squeezes the liquid through a nozzle into a mold that is the shape of the final product (in this case the Crack'em).
We need to pay our manufacturer to create the Crack'em mold, which will cost roughly $8,000. The remaining money will be used to pay for materials, shipping, and other variable costs.
You're support is greatly needed and much appreciated! Thank you!
Risks and challenges
The risks of this project are associated with general manufacturing and shipping:
1. The Manufacturer - We've worked with our manufacturers to be sure to get us all of the product before the Christmas season. However, there is always a potential for the manufactuer to get something wrong. We have been referred by close friends to a manufacturers who have been extremely relaible. Our friends are 100% satisfied with their services over numerous years, so there is no reason for us to believe they can't deliver on their promise.
2. Shipping - There is always the possibility that an order might not arrive on time, or that something will be damaged. We will use reliable shipping services (USPS or UPS) to ship all rewards. We will replace any product that is damaged in the mail with a new product to ensure that our backers are 100% satisfied.
3. Delivery Timing - We can't accurately predict a specific date that we will be able to get our backers their rewards. However, we will do our best to deliver in the month identified in the reward descriptions. If necessary, we will expedite shipping for free if it looks like we will miss the target month. We will continually update our backers with progress!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)