About this project
Located in the heart of Noe Valley inside a bustling launderette, Spin City Coffee was the first to offer San Francisco's premier coffee brand, Blue Bottle in the neighborhood back in 2010.
In early 2010, I was unemployed and nearly broke. But I had a big dream. When an opportunity arose, I took the twenty-five dollars I had left to my name, my love for Blue Bottle coffee and opened up a coffee shop inside a launderette.
Four years later, I'm amazed by all that's been accomplished. Spin City Coffee is a thriving, small business that provides great coffee and exquisite, locally made treats. I'm proud that my business has supported me, my employees and other local businesses.
And now, it's time to take this to the next level!
The goal of this campaign is to raise money that will go into major upgrades and improvements to Spin City Coffee's current space.
- Architect, contractor and materials to create the space that we've envisioned would cost an estimated $7,000
- Improved and expanded seating areas, lighting, a living-wall and outdoor awning would cost an estimated $5,500
- Upgraded equipment including hot water towers, refrigerator, and new v60s would cost an estimated $2,500
Upon the successful completion of this Kickstarter campaign, we will start construction in January 2015 and reopen to the public by March 2015!
What we believe in:
1. Great Beans – That’s why we serve Blue Bottle coffee; we admire their commitment to freshness and quality and, of course, their beans and expert roasting skills. Maybe we're biased, but Blue Bottle makes for some of the best tasting coffee out there!
2. The Right Temperature – Trust us; we’ve taken our time to get this one exactly right. Which leads us to number three…
3. A Barista that Cares – The only way you’re going to be guaranteed that great cup of coffee is if the barista making it cares about getting it right! At Spin City Coffee, we care about making every cup of coffee, the best it can be.
It's simple; we want to provide you, our customer, with a great cup of coffee and welcoming environment. We look forward to serving you.
We also love providing amazing baked goods made by local, entrepreneurs. You can find Awesome Bars, Blackjet Bakery and Dynamo Donuts at Spin City Coffee.
YOU are the reason that Spin City continues to be a success. Thank you for your support!
- Maricar & the Spin City Crew
Risks and challenges
If the campaign is not successfully funded this will be a setback in our overall redesign, yet I'm a firm believer that these improvements will happen. I will kickstart the Kickstarter campaign over again, to meet these goals!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)