Interview about Fourth Quarter Football From Beasts of War page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_YuMwWltE4
Fourth Quarter Football
To see a full game being played out 'live' visit our Face Book Page:
Step One: choose your pledge:
Step Two: choose your optional add ons
When ordering the extra team please note: this will come with player cards and a 20 card play deck (a selection from the base game). The players in the team will comprise the 13 from the base game plus the center figure.
When ordering individual players, please note:
- The player will come with one player card.
- A skill player from the offense will include between one a three play cards.
- You may pledge for any player, but there are positional maximums in the game. No more than two of any skill position. No extra linemen. Only one Quarter back. On defense, no more than three of any positions.
- When ordering the Substitutes pack one please note: The pack contains six figures, but for any of the pledges og £99 and over, it will contain a bonus six figures.
We made all of our original stretch goals, so we added more to the list!
Stretch goal figures unlocked so far:
So far the Tight End, Full Back, Alternative QB and Safety extra figures have been unlocked and added to the base game. These figures also include player cards and for the Tight End, new play cards specifically to get him into the action.
There is now a center figure, as an alternative pose for a lineman, included in each team.
Fourth Quarter Football is the closest you can come to playing Gridiron Football without donning shoulder pads. Players create playbook decks of play cards and select plays from those dealt to their hand. The play card chosen is then executed on the field, using a series of unique mechanics.
For more information see our you tube channel, or scroll to the bottom of this page to view more details.
New: Substitutes Pack 1
Note: If you wish to play with the full eleven-a-side, this is possible by adding on this substitute pack to your pledge.
This pack contains six figures to add new tactical options in Fourth Quarter Football (2 Tackles, 1 Running Back, Two Outside Linebackers and a Defensive Tackle). Note: The running back and D Tackle figures are the same figures as in the base game. The pack also contains rules for expanding Fourth Quarter Football to eight, nine and eleven a side. Players cards and new play cards are also included.
Game Play in More Detail.
The Field of Play:
There are three types of play: pass, run and trick plays. Players may mix as many pass and run plays in their deck as they like, but they may have only two trick plays. Their opponent is allowed to see all the cards in the playbook before the match starts, except for trick plays.
Here is an example of a pass play (this is not the finalized design of the cards):
In this case, the card shows you the zone certain players must reach for the play to execute correctly. The zones match those on the field of play. Players receive a bonus to their catch attempt if they receive the ball in the required zone. If they attempt to improvise and go elsewhere, there is a negative modifier to any catch rolls.
After the play has been executed. The coach must discard the play he called to a discard pile..The play on the 'audible' zone (if it was not a trick play) is placed in a separate discard pile. He then draws two cards from the playbook, to bring his total plays available back to three.
For further game play information, visit our You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK82FGKNUzL7NKkF-8qSykA
Fantasy Football Option
For those of you who wish to purchase the figures for use in other fanatsy football games, this is your option. This pledge gives you 16 figures, two FQF dice and one each of our four "Hour Glass" status counters. It does not give player cards or rules for FQF.
Shipping will be charged after the project finishes based on actual costs incurred to ship and is collected via our pledge manager system. This allows us to charge fairly for all backers. Below are our initial rough estimates for shipping the core game. These are just estimates - costs may rise due to weight increase as more items are unlocked through stretch goals and add-on purchases you choose.
• UNITED KINGDOM: £7
• USA: £7-£11 to most states. £22 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
• CANADA: £7-£15 to most cities.
• EUROPE: £7 to Germany. £10-£22 to most other countries. £25 to Norway, Finland, Estland, Lettland, and Latvia. £30 to Bosnia/Herzegowina, Croatia, and Serbia. £40 to Bulgaria, Lithuania, and Romania. £43 to Iceland, Russia, and Israel. £50 to Greece, Turkey, and Ukraine.
• LATIN AMERICA: £35-£43 to most countries.
• ASIA: £7 to China and Hong Kong. £22 to most other countries (no estimate available for Malaysia).
• OCEANIA: £9-£18 to Australia. £22 to New Zealand.
• AFRICA: £50 to most countries.
Risks and challenges
Fourth Quarter Football is the first game from Fourth Quarter Miniatures. As a result we have chosen to come to Kick Starter now that the first batch of miniatures has been produced. As a first project, the timings of production and delivery will be subject to change.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (41 days)