Kodama 3D (Suspended)
An inTREEguing 3D version of Kodama: The Tree Spirits!
Kodama 3D (Suspended)
An inTREEguing 3D version of Kodama: The Tree Spirits!
When they grow older, every Kodama is given a tree of their own, and it's their job to watch over it and help it grow healthy and strong. From trunk to twig, they must keep it green and growing, the perfect home for flowers, mushrooms, and critters of all kinds. Even other kodama love to travel around and visit new trees. Now it's your turn! Create your own masterpiece of branches and leaves, and make the forest even more beautiful!
Last year Indie Boards and Cards Cards & Action Phase Games released the inTREEging two player Kodama Duo with the “I pick, you choose drafting mechanic.” This year we are excited to expand the Kodama universe with a modular, three dimensional tree. If you aren’t familiar with Kodama: The Tree Spirits, you can check out the BGG page or watch Rahdo Runs Through for a playthrough and review.
This playmat isn’t necessary – but it is very functional! If you want the playmat sent with your rewards, add $15 to your pledge. You can add more than one copy.
This promo pack includes the 16 promos from the deluxe version of Kodama: the Tree Spirits, the 6 promos for Kodama and 6 promos for Kokoro from the Kokoro Kickstarter campaign, the Dark Kodama promo, and the 4 promos for Kodama and Kodama Duo from the Duo Kickstarter campaign.
Kodama 3D is a three-dimensional tree building game for 1-4 players that plays in 30-40 minutes. For more information, we encourage you to view the videos directly below, or simply read our draft rulebook here.
Note that anything marked with these symbols are:
Kickstarter Exclusive - An exclusive item for Kickstarter backers with remaining stock available through conventions and special promotions only.
- Kodama 3D is the 50th project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. With the successful execution of our first 49 projects, we have become experienced publishers with a reputation for great games (in design and production) that are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Kodama 3D was designed by the talented Erica Hayes-Bouyouris (Bosk) and Daryl Andrews (Sagrada, City of Gears, Bosk). This game has undergone extensive testing and development to ensure the best possible experience. We are confident that this game will be in your collection for years to come.
- Kodama 3D is a three-dimensional tree building game with tactical movement that has beautiful table presence.
- All of the art assets are complete and ready for immediate upload after the project funds.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $24 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just four easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
- Step 4: Shortly after the projects ends on June 6th, we will send you a link to our pledge manager. This is where we will get your shipping information and which language versions of the game you would like to receive.
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Indie Boards and Cards on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates about this project and more!
- SPROUTS: (Pledge $24 or more) One copy of Kodama 3D including all of the stretch goals. Shipping and taxes are not included in the price - please see our shipping & taxes section below for more details. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- TREE SPIRITS: (Pledge $39 or more) One copy of Kodama 3D including all of the stretch goals + one copy that is your choice of the following games: Kodama: The Tree Spirits, Kodama Duo, or Kokoro: Avenue of the Kodamas. Shipping and taxes are not included in the price - please see our shipping & taxes section below for more details. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- FOREST DWELLERS: (Pledge $52 or more) One copy of Kodama 3D including all of the stretch goals + two copies that are your choice of the following games: Kodama: The Tree Spirits, Kodama Duo, or Kokoro: Avenue of the Kodamas. Shipping and taxes are not included in the price - please see our shipping & taxes section below for more details. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- KODAMA UNIVERSE: (Pledge $65 or more) One copy of Kodama 3D including all of the stretch goals + a copy of all the following games: Kodama: The Tree Spirits, Kodama Duo, or Kokoro: Avenue of the Kodamas. Shipping and taxes are not included in the price - please see our shipping & taxes section below for more details. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, but the reality is that shipping and sales taxes are very expensive and is a cost we all need to share. To offset this, while remaining fiscally responsible, we have included a discount on ALL shipping and taxes, but there is no free shipping. Shipping & Taxes charges will be added after Kickstarter ends, every backer will be responsible for paying these fees in the pledge manager after the campaign ends. Please see shipping & taxes chart below:
For the US, Canada, UK and the EU we have included applicable taxes, your rewards will be sent Duty Free from within your region – there will not be any additional customs charge. Outside of the US, Canada, UK and the EU, we cannot guarantee customs friendly shipping in these areas. There may be additional duties and/or fees charged by your country's governmental agencies and/or shipping partners. Those fees are solely your responsibility, and we can neither cancel a pledge nor will we pay those fees. In case a package is returned or destroyed due to non-payment of such fees, your pledge will be considered fulfilled.
If you would like extra copies, please see the chart below which includes shipping for your region.
We are excited to offer retailer packages for Brick and Mortar stores. For more information, please email us at: email@example.com.
Our plan is to have Kodama 3D available at Essen. While our current production schedule looks like Kickstarter rewards will ship out around the time of Essen, it may be the case that we have games at Essen before the Kickstarter backer copies are sent. It may also be the case that we are unable to get games to Essen in time. I wish we were able to absolutely guarantee results, but we simply know that we can't make such commitments when so many other parties are involved in the process.
If you want Essen pickup – DO NOT PLEDGE FOR THIS PROJECT
All the stretch goals will be available in the games we bring to Essen – your support is very valuable to Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games and we look forward to seeing you again this year with lots of great new games.
Risks and challenges
This is the 50th Kickstarter project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. We have learned how to streamline the game publishing process and have successfully delivered all of our previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters. Our previous experiences will enable us to also deliver this project on time and we have every confidence that Kodama 3D will be on schedule and of the highest possible quality.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games will use contract manufacturing to make this game, freight forwarders to get games through customs, and 3rd parties like Amazon, the US Post Office, and FEDEX to ship the games to you – we don't control everything and there are lots of opportunities for delay. We have a track record of making everything work out for backers in the end – so please be confident and supportive of our efforts to get this great game into your hands.
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included. After that, we have a policy of no questions asked, though that’s minus 20% for Kickstarter and payment processing fees (which we can’t get back from them after 14 days). However, if we’ve begun packaging your pledge for shipment (usually 4 to 6 weeks before the actual shipping date), no refunds are possible. If a component cannot be delivered AT ALL, we refund that completely, including fees.
All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via PayPal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion. Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card.
This project is being funded in USD and any refunds processed will be in USD for the exact amount received in USD, excluding any applicable fees depending on the time of the refund being processed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
If you do not log in and submit your project survey results (ie, provide us with your shipping address) for your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge (at additional cost for international backers) if you complete your project survey after the 8-week window has elapsed.
If you do not accept these terms, please do not pledge on this project but instead wait for the general release.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (16 days)