This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
Two years ago, Indie Boards and Cards Cards released the exciting handbuilding game Grifters. This year we are excited to expand the Grifters universe with new specialists to complete capers and perform jobs!
Grifters operate on the fringes of The Dystopian Universe, eager to take advantage of every opportunity to profit from the chaos caused by the resistance. Players take on the role of powerful crime bosses, building their criminal organizations by carefully recruiting new operatives with specialized skills. During the game, the players’ criminal teams will steal ISK from the government, powerful corporations, and each other via cons, blackmail, daring heists, and a multitude of other nefarious deeds. As always, money is power in The Dystopian Universe and the player with the most ISK at the end of the game is the winner.
Grifters: Nexus is a handbuilding and set collection game for 2-4 players that plays in 30 minutes. Players will hire specialists to help complete jobs on an inverted pyramid. Featuring a number of mechanisms, including a a unique card "cooldown" system to control the use of your cards, a take that element, and the fun of a deckbuilding game without the deck!
Grifters: Nexus is a stand alone game that is also an expansion for Grifters, which was released by Indie Boards and Cards in 2016. Nexus uses the same core "cool down" mechanics found in Grifters, and introduces 15 new specialist cards, new mechanics and a new Job card system. We really wanted to give players more options, more interesting ways to build combos and more in game decision points. In short, Nexus is more of what people liked so much about Grifters and we've used two years of feedback to reduce some of what people didn't like. The end result is that Nexus is great for fans of Grifters as well as a perfect introduction into the system.
If you aren’t familiar with the handbuilding mechanics in Grifters, you can check out the BGG page for more details. For more information, we encourage you to view the videos directly below, or simply read our draft rulebook here.
Also included at the Vigilante ($31) and Mastermind ($49) pledge levels are the 19 promo cards previously released in 2016 Kickstarter for Grifters:
These are few of the many reviews for Grifters. In Nexus we use the same cool down system, but with a few new mechanics and a totally different way of acquiring and being rewarded for completing jobs.
We know that some backers want more than one copy of a reward level. To do this, you will need to 1) pledge at the highest level from which you want the rewards, and 2) add to your pledge amount based on the add-on chart (ie, you don’t have to add shipping cost for each item, just the first which Kickstarter does automatically). For full details on how to add-on items to your pledge, check out the chart located in the Pledge Manager section.
We are going to use a pledge manager for this project. That means you can add to your pledge amount after the project is completed, however we highly recommend that you pledge for everything that you want to receive through Kickstarter. In order to get games to you as quickly as possible, the window for the pledge manager will be very short.
To change you pledge amount, during the campaign, click the “Manage your Pledge” button on the top of this page.
Then, click “Change your Pledge," enter the new pledge amount and click “Continue.” The tricky part is that you’ll need to calculate the total pledge amount on your own and won’t get an immediate confirmation of what you have added. We will get all the details we need from you when we send the pledge manager out (we need to get the information quickly in order to send the right number of games and add-ons to their fulfillment centers).
- Grifters: Nexus is the 42nd project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. With the successful execution of our first 41 projects, we have become experienced publishers with a reputation for great games that are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Grifters: Nexus was designed by the talented Dave Fulton and Jacob Tlapek, the same team that designed the previous game in the series. This game has been blind tested, in addition to being tested in-house, ensuring that every part of the game is of the best possible quality. We are confident that this game will be in your collection for years to come.
- All of the art assets are complete and ready for immediate upload after the project funds. Prices include US shipping.
- This project is also EU & Canadian friendly.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $24 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Indie Boards and Cards on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates about this project and more!
- CATBURGLAR: (Pledge $24 or more) One copy of Grifters: Nexus with all of the stretch goals. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- VIGILANTE: (Pledge $31 or more) One copy of Grifters: Nexus and with all of the stretch goals and all of the promos from the first Grifters Kickstarter. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- DAREDEVIL: (Pledge $44 or more) One copy of Grifters: Nexus with all of the stretch goals and one copy of Grifters. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- MASTERMIND: (Pledge $49 or more) One copy of Grifters: Nexus with all of the stretch goals and one copy of Grifters, including all of the stretch goals from the first Grifters Kickstarter. This is all of the Grifters retail products. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
Our plan is to have a limited number of Grifters: Nexus available at Essen with all the stretch goals from this project. We will not be taking reservations as in years past, everything will be first come, first served at Essen. If you would like to get the rewards from this project, we suggest you back through kickstarter!
While our current production schedule looks like Kickstarter rewards will ship out well before Essen, it may be the case that we have games at Essen before the Kickstarter backer copies are sent. It may also be the case that we are unable to get games to Essen in time. I wish we were able to absolutely guarantee results, but we simply know that we can't make such commitments when so many other parties are involved in the process.
If you still want to try Essen pickup – DO NOT PLEDGE FOR THIS PROJECT
Risks and challenges
This is the 42nd Kickstarter project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. We have learned how to streamline the game publishing process and have successfully delivered all of our previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters. Our previous experiences will enable us to also deliver this project on time and we have every confidence that Grifters: Nexus will be on schedule and of the highest possible quality.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games will use contract manufacturing to make this game, freight forwarders to get games through customs, and 3rd parties like Amazon, the US Post Office, and FEDEX to ship the games to you – we don't control everything and there are lots of opportunities for delay. We have a track record of making everything work out for backers in the end – so please be confident and supportive of our efforts to get this great game into your hands.
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included. After that, we have a policy of no questions asked, though that’s minus 20% for Kickstarter and payment processing fees (which we can’t get back from them after 14 days). However, if we’ve begun packaging your pledge for shipment (usually 4 to 6 weeks before the actual shipping date), no refunds are possible. If a component cannot be delivered AT ALL, we refund that completely, including fees.
All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via PayPal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion. Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card.
This project is being funded in USD and any refunds processed will be in USD for the exact amount received in USD, excluding any applicable fees depending on the time of the refund being processed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
If you do not log in and submit your project survey results (ie, provide us with your shipping address) for your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge (at additional cost for international backers) if you complete your project survey after the 8-week window has elapsed.
If you do not accept these terms, please do not pledge on this project but instead wait for the general release.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter