Our first new Flash Point expansion in years!
Flash Point: Tragic Events is an expansion for Flash Point: Fire Rescue, a cooperative game for 2-6 players that plays in 45 minutes.
Tragic Events includes the Fire & Event decks that are designed to replace the Hot Spot mechanic in the Experienced game rules and add exciting new "events" to make each game of Flash Point even more unique. We also are including three specialists, each with their own mini:
- Suppression Specialist
- Fire Prevention Specialist
Designed by long time Flash Point fans Clint Herron and Blue Neustifter with extra content from long time Flash Point collaborator Lutz Pietschker - this is a great way to turn up the heat on your Flash Point fire fighting fun.
For more information on all this exciting new content, we encourage you to read our draft rulebook here. Or you can watch this quick overview by designer, and math genius, Blue Neustifter:
Flash Point: Tragic Events is a special release, it is not likely to go into distribution. This kickstarter project and limited number of games at Essen & BGG CON (if we make it in time) will be the only way to get the expansion in 2017. In 2018, we will be selling this expansion directly via conventions and Amazon only - it will not be entering normal distribution channels. If there are any copies left, we may be selling those into distribution in 2019 or later - but there is no guarantee that we will do so.
Thank you for the tremendous support! We've reached the end of our stretch goals and are starting to get the games printed for you!
- Flash Point: Tragic Events is the 40th project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. With the successful execution of our first 39 projects, we have become experienced publishers with a reputation for great games (in design and production) that are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Flash Point: Tragic Events was designed by Clint Herron, Blue Neustifter and Lutz Pietschker. This game has undergone extensive testing and development to ensure the best possible experience. We are confident that this game will be in your collection for years to come.
- Flash Point: Tragic Events is not planned to going into distribution. This may be your only opportunity to buy it.
- All of the art assets are complete and ready for immediate upload after the project funds. Prices include US shipping.
- This project is also EU and Canadian friendly.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $X to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Indie Boards and Cards on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates about this project and more!
- Probie: (Pledge $20 or more) One copy of Flash Point: Tragic Events with all stretch goals. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- Recruit: (Pledge $45 or more) One copy of Flash Point: Tragic Events with all of the stretch goals and one copy of Flash Point (base game required to play Tragic Events). Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- Captain (Pledge $100 or more) One copy of Flash Point: Tragic Events with all of the stretch goals and one copy of Flash Point (base game required to play Tragic Events) and these additional Flash Point expansions: a) Extreme Danger, b) Dangerous Waters, c) Honor & Duty, d) Urban Structures and e) Veteran & Rescue Dog. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
We are not expecting to release Flash Point: Tragic Events expansion into retail. The Kickstarter and conventions will be the only way to get the expansion in 2017. Any remaining copies from the small print run will sold directly by us via conventions and Amazon sales in 2018.
All pledges will have shipping added automatically. If you want more than one pledge level reward:
1. Pledge for the highest pledge level (shipping added automatically).
2. Add the "extra pledge" amount for the extra items you want from chart below. Total of your pledge should equal the sum of a) your highest pledge level, b) shipping for highest pledge level, c) total of extra pledge amounts.
Please note that there is currently an error in the shipping rates for the Veteran Plus and Captain Plus levels. Those level should be charging the same shipping rates as the Veteran and Captain pledge levels - and we will collect/disburse the difference between what kickstarter charges and the actual shipping rates.
Hopefully kickstarter can change the shipping rates soon, and we will send an update when that happens.
Risks and challenges
This is the 40th Kickstarter project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. We have learned how to streamline the game publishing process and have successfully delivered all of our previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters. Our previous experiences will enable us to also deliver this project on time and we have every confidence that Heroes Wanted: Elements of Danger will be on schedule and of the highest possible quality.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games will use contract manufacturing to make this game, freight forwarders to get games through customs, and 3rd parties like Amazon, the US Post Office, and FEDEX to ship the games to you – we don't control everything and there are lots of opportunities for delay. We have a track record of making everything work out for backers in the end – so please be confident and supportive of our efforts to get this great game into your hands.
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included. After that, we have a policy of no questions asked, though that’s minus 20% for Kickstarter and payment processing fees (which we can’t get back from them after 14 days). However, if we’ve begun packaging your pledge for shipment (usually 4 to 6 weeks before the actual shipping date), no refunds are possible. If a component cannot be delivered AT ALL, we refund that completely, including fees.
All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via PayPal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion. Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card.
This project is being funded in USD and any refunds processed will be in USD for the exact amount received in USD, excluding any applicable fees depending on the time of the refund being processed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
If you do not log in and submit your project survey results (ie, provide us with your shipping address) for your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge (at additional cost for international backers) if you complete your project survey after the 8-week window has elapsed.
If you do not accept these terms, please do not pledge on this project but instead wait for the general release.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)