“Exile: Year Three, Day 264. It is time to test the ritual again. I believe I’ve finally discovered the cause of my last attempt’s failure. The runes I devised to steady the breach could not handle the strain and collapsed partway through. The breach’s sudden closure sealed the rabbit I’d been working on inside the Void. I wonder what will become of it...but one project at a time. The runes have been adjusted to support the amount of energy the ritual consumes, and Karak has managed to capture a wolf alive to use as my next subject. A larger, stronger animal no doubt is a better candidate to survive the Void essence I must feed it. If my hypotheses are correct, the creature will adapt and grow with the Void energy, mutating into a form that can properly contain it. I must confess, I am excited. Today we might see the very future of our race. If I am successful in this attempt, I can begin human trials at once.”
-Excerpt from Arachnos’ journals
Last year Indie Boards and Cards Cards & Action Phase Games released the exciting standalone co-op deckbuilder Aeon’s End: Legacy. This year we are excited to expand the Aeon’s End universe with Aeon’s End: The New Age. This expansion introduces an infinitely replayable Expedition Mode which builds on the existing Aeon’s End lore. It also includes all new mages, nemeses, as well as gems, relics, and spells that are compatible with all existing content. Aeon's End: The New Age is a standalone expansion that can be mixed and matched with the other standalone games. If you aren’t familiar with Aeon’s End, you can check out the BGG page or watch The Dice Tower review where it was given the Seal of Excellence.
Aeon’s End: The New Age is a cooperative deck-building game for 1-4 players that plays in 60 minutes per game. For more information, we encourage you to view the videos directly below, or simply read our draft rulebook here.
Note that anything marked with these symbols are:
Promo - An item that Kickstarter backers will get in their rewards, and will not be included in the retail edition of Aeon's End: The New Age. These items may be released at a future date as promotional materials and/or game expansions.
Kickstarter Exclusive - An exclusive item for Kickstarter backers with remaining stock available through conventions and special promotions only.
$15 - Into the Wild includes 1 Nemesis Mat and Card Divider, 2 Mage Player Mats, 17 Nemesis Cards, 40 Player Cards, 18 Treasure Cards, and a new story continued from The New Age narrative.
Backers that would like to further enhance their game play experience can add $20 to their pledge level to receive the Accessory Pack.
The Accessory pack includes:
- 124 Player cards - enough cards to have a unique set of starter cards for each mage included in Aeon's End: War Eternal, Aeon’s End and all the expansions/stretch goals for these two projects.
- 24 Player Dividers - Dividers for each Mage's starting deck.
- 10 Translucent d10s - Spin Down Life Counters for each Mage, and extras for Minions.
- 24 Translucent Charge tokens - "Gems" used to track charges on Player mats.
- 12 Translucent Power tokens - "Gems" used to track Player abilities.
- 10 Translucent Nemesis tokens - "Gems" used to track Nemesis abilities.
These accessories make the game easier to store, set-up and play, and even more visually appealing.
The Additional Accessory pack includes:
- Enough Crystals and Sparks to have a unique set of starter cards for each mage included in the Aeon’s End: The New Age wave of content including stretch goals.
- Card dividers for each Mage's starting deck.
12 Card Promo Pack from Aeon's End: War Eternal that includes 9 nemesis cards and 3 market setup cards.
21 extra card dividers for Spells, Gems, and Relics that were stretch goals from Aeon's End: War Eternal campaign used to help organize cards.
This playmat isn’t necessary – but it is very functional! If you want the playmat sent with your rewards, add $25 to your pledge. You can add more than one copy.
- Aeon’s End: The New Age is the 46th project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. With the successful execution of our first 45 projects, we have become experienced publishers with a reputation for great games (in design and production) that are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Aeon’s End: The New Age was designed by the talented Kevin Riley. This game has undergone extensive testing with 60+ unique playtest groups who submitted over 800 playtest games. In addition to that, we extensively playtested this game to ensure the best possible experience. We are confident that this game will be in your collection for years to come.
- All of the art assets are complete and ready for immediate upload after the project funds.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $69 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Indie Boards and Cards on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates about this project and more!
We are excited to offer retailer packages for Brick and Mortar stores. For more information, please email us at: email@example.com.
- TIDE MASTER: (Pledge $69 or more) One copy of the base game Aeon's End: The New Age and Shattered Dreams including all of the stretch goals. Shipping and taxes are not included in the price - please see our shipping & taxes section below for more details. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- RELIC HUNTER: (Pledge $130 or more) One copy of the base game Aeon's End: The New Age and Shattered Dreams including all of the stretch goals + one wave of content: Aeon's End, Aeon's End: War Eternal, or Aeon's End: Legacy. Shipping and taxes are not included in the price - please see our shipping & taxes section below for more details. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- ORB CALLER: (Pledge $195 or more) One copy of the base game Aeon's End: The New Age and Shattered Dreams including all of the stretch goals + two waves of content: Aeon's End, Aeon's End: War Eternal, or Aeon's End: Legacy. Shipping and taxes are not included in the price - please see our shipping & taxes section below for more details. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- BUILDER AND DESTROYER: (Pledge $260 or more) One copy of the base game Aeon's End: The New Age and Shattered Dreams including all of the stretch goals + all three other waves of content: Aeon's End, Aeon's End: War Eternal, and Aeon's End: Legacy. Shipping and taxes are not included in the price - please see our shipping & taxes section below for more details. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, but the reality is that shipping and sales taxes are very expensive and is a cost we all need to share. To offset this, while remaining fiscally responsible, we have included a discount on ALL shipping and taxes, but there is no free shipping. Shipping & Taxes charges will be added after Kickstarter ends, every backer will be responsible for paying these fees in the pledge manager after the campaign ends. Please see shipping & taxes chart below:
For the US, Canada, UK and the EU we have included applicable taxes, your rewards will be sent Duty Free from within your region – there will not be any additional customs charge. Outside of the US, Canada, UK and the EU, we cannot guarantee customs friendly shipping in these areas. There may be additional duties and/or fees charged by your country's governmental agencies and/or shipping partners. Those fees are solely your responsibility, and we can neither cancel a pledge nor will we pay those fees. In case a package is returned or destroyed due to non-payment of such fees, your pledge will be considered fulfilled.
Our plan is to have Aeon’s End: The New Age available at Gen Con. While our current production schedule looks like Kickstarter rewards will ship out around the time of Gen Con, it may be the case that we have games at Gen Con before the Kickstarter backer copies are sent. It may also be the case that we are unable to get games to Gen Con in time. I wish we were able to absolutely guarantee results, but we simply know that we can't make such commitments when so many other parties are involved in the process.
If you want Gen Con pickup – DO NOT PLEDGE FOR THIS PROJECT
All the stretch goals will be available in the games we bring to Gen Con and Essen – your support is very valuable to Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games and we look forward to seeing you again this year with lots of great new games.
Risks and challenges
This is the 46th Kickstarter project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. We have learned how to streamline the game publishing process and have successfully delivered all of our previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters. Our previous experiences will enable us to also deliver this project on time and we have every confidence that Aeon’s End: The New Age will be on schedule and of the highest possible quality.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games will use contract manufacturing to make this game, freight forwarders to get games through customs, and 3rd parties like Amazon, the US Post Office, and FEDEX to ship the games to you – we don't control everything and there are lots of opportunities for delay. We have a track record of making everything work out for backers in the end – so please be confident and supportive of our efforts to get this great game into your hands.
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included. After that, we have a policy of no questions asked, though that’s minus 20% for Kickstarter and payment processing fees (which we can’t get back from them after 14 days). However, if we’ve begun packaging your pledge for shipment (usually 4 to 6 weeks before the actual shipping date), no refunds are possible. If a component cannot be delivered AT ALL, we refund that completely, including fees.
All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via PayPal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion. Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card.
This project is being funded in USD and any refunds processed will be in USD for the exact amount received in USD, excluding any applicable fees depending on the time of the refund being processed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
If you do not log in and submit your project survey results (ie, provide us with your shipping address) for your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge (at additional cost for international backers) if you complete your project survey after the 8-week window has elapsed.
If you do not accept these terms, please do not pledge on this project but instead wait for the general release.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)