This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by .
“You are not breach mages yet,” Brama lectures as she paces down the line of students, her frail form belying her immense power. “Breach mages have protected us since the beginning — since the burning of the world and our pilgrimage into the dark. It was they who founded Gravehold, our last bastion, and if you wish to stand beside these living legends, you must listen and learn. The Nameless shall come again, as they always have, and you will need to be ready. You are the hope of our future.”
As a young apprentice, you grew up to stories of the breach mages. Brama, the teacher, wisest of the mages. Dezmodia, the prodigy, master of great magic. Mist, the stoic leader and tactical genius. Malastar, the magical craftsman. Rebellious, powerful, and reckless perfectly sum up Xaxos. These mages are your heroes and tomorrow, after your ordeal, you will join their ranks.
“Each of you must overcome your ordeal to learn discipline and focus, the tools you will need to defend Gravehold." Brama continues. "We are nothing without Gravehold. To be a breach mage is to sacrifice your life for Gravehold. When you die, it will be in defense of our city. Once you understand this universal truth...only then will you be ready to become a breach mage.”
In 2016, Action Phase Games released the critically acclaimed, cooperative deck-building game, Aeon’s End. Last year Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games released the exciting standalone/expansion Aeon’s End: War Eternal. This year we are excited to grow the universe with Aeon's End Legacy, a standalone game that also expands all previous Aeon's End content.
Aeon's End: Legacy is a full "campaign", where you'll build your character over multiple "chapters," fighting increasingly powerful nemeses to defend Gravehold, the last bastion of humanity. At the end of each game, you will choose new upgrades for your character and more powerful player cards to add to the market. At the end of the campaign, you'll have unique characters, new nemeses, new player cards, and new basic nemesis cards that you can play with indefinitely and/or play with all the other Aeon's End content released. If you would like to play the campaign again, we also offer a Reset Pack as an add-on.
Aeon’s End: Legacy is a cooperative deckbuilding game for 1-4 players that plays in 60 minutes per chapter (game). Players will struggle to defend Gravehold from The Nameless and their hordes using unique abilities, powerful spells, and the help of familiar characters.
Aeon's End: Legacy uses the same critically acclaimed deck-building system made in Aeon's End. This core features a number of innovative mechanisms, including a variable turn order system that simulates the chaos of an attack and deck management rules that require careful planning.
If you aren’t familiar with Aeon’s End, you can check out the BGG page or watch The Dice Tower review, which gave Aeon's End their Seal of Excellence (and note that we've significantly updated all the graphics & components - so everything you can get from this project is re-formatted with the 2nd Edition look and feel).
For more information on Aeon's End: Legacy, we encourage you to view the video below, or read our draft rulebook here.
- Daily Worker Placement - Aeon's End: Legacy Preview
- BGG: Cold hard facts - A mostly informative Aeon's End: Legacy review from a playtester. [Spoiler-free]
- BGG: Playtester Review of Aeon's End: Legacy
- BGG: Aeon's End now explores the world of Legacy, is it done well?
Note that anything marked with these symbols are:
Promo - An item that Kickstarter backers will get in their rewards, and will not be included in the retail edition of Aeon's End: Legacy. These items may be released at a future date as promotional materials and/or game expansions.
Kickstarter Exclusive - An exclusive item for Kickstarter backers with remaining stock available through conventions and special promotions only.
The Reset Pack provides all of the cards, mats, sticker sheets, and tokens that players will need to reset the game so that they can play through the campaign again. Unlike some other legacy games with reset packs, a copy of Aeon’s End: Legacy can be reset any number of times. One Reset Pack will be needed each time the game is reset. Add $25 for each copy of the the Reset Pack you would like to receive.
Add $20 for the Accessory Pack to further enhance gameplay experience.
The Accessory Pack includes:
- 124 Player cards - enough cards to have a unique set of starter cards for each mage included in War Eternal, Aeon’s End and all the expansions.
- 24 Player Dividers - Dividers for each Mage's starting deck.
- 10 Translucent d10s - Life Counters for each Mage, and extras for Minions.
- 24 Translucent Charge tokens - "Gems" used to track charges on Player mats.
- 12 Plastic Power tokens - "Gems" used to track Nemesis Power cards.
- 10 Plastic Nemesis tokens - "Gems" used to track Nemesis abilities.
These accessories make the game easier to store, set-up, and play, on top of making the game even more visually appealing.
We have designed a new playmat for this Kickstarter. While it isn’t necessary, the playmat, produced by Gamermats, is a high quality neoprene mat that helps organize the game and adds table presence. Add $25 to your pledge for each playmat you want.
We know that some backers want more than one copy of a reward level. To do this, you will need to do the following:
1) Pledge at the highest level from which you want the rewards.
2) Add to your pledge amount based on the add-on chart (ie, you don’t have to add shipping cost for each item, just the first item. Kickstarter does automatically).
- You are in the US and want two copies of Aeon's End: Legacy - Pledge $125 ($65 + $60) at the Adept ($65) pledge level.
- You are in Canada and want two copies of Aeon's End: Legacy and one copy of the Aeon's End bundle - Pledge $210 ($130 + $60 + $20 shipping) at the Prodigy ($130) pledge level.
- You are in Australia and want two copies of Aeon’s End: Legacy, two copies of Aeon’s End bundle and two copies of War Eternal bundle – Pledge $470 ($195 + $70 + $70 + $70 + $65 Shipping) at the Breach Master ($195) pledge level.
The Update Pack is only for those that have a 1st edition copy of Aeon’s End, The Depths, and/or The Nameless and would like to get cards with the new graphic design from 2017. This pack contains all of the cards and playmats from those games with the updated graphic design from the second edition.
Add $10 for the Update Pack.
There are limited quantities available of the Update Pack.
Proof of purchase (a photo of your games) will be required for this add-on.
- The 1st Edition of Aeon’s End was sold in 2016, if you bought Aeon’s End, Nameless or Depths in 2017 and/or our last kickstarter project, you already have the latest graphic design and don’t need this Update Pack.
- There are no new game play features in this add-on.
- The Update Packs are not required even if you have the 1st Edition of the game. The card backs remained the same between editions and can be combined without affecting game play.
- Aeon’s End: Legacy, War Eternal, Void and Outer Dark and the 2nd Editions (currently being sold) or Aeon’s End, Nameless and Depths all have the updated graphic design.
It is important that everyone knows that we are not using a pledge manager. That means you’ll have to add to your pledge amount for all the add-ons that you want, before the project is completed at 10pm pacific, March 15th. To change you pledge amount, click the “Manage your Pledge” button on the top of this page.
Then, click “Change your Pledge”, enter the new pledge amount and click “Continue”. The tricky part is that you’ll need to calculate the total pledge amount on your own and won’t get an immediate confirmation of what you have added. This has to be done before the project ends (10pm pacific, Thursday, March 15th). We will get all the details we need from you when we send the project surveys out, that will be done the week of March 19th (we need to get the information quickly in order to send the right number of games and add-ons to their fulfillment centers).
- Aeon’s End: Legacy is the 41st project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. With the successful execution of our first 40 projects, we have become experienced publishers with a reputation for great games that are delivered in a timely fashion.
- The previous Aeon’s End games have been very well received, with over 3000 ratings with an average of 8.1 and higher on boardgamegeek.com. Aeon’s End is the 216th ranked game on that website out of over 20,000 games.
- Aeon’s End: Legacy was designed by the talented Kevin Riley and Nick Little, the same team that designed the previous games in the series. This game has been blind tested by hundreds of people, in addition to being extensively tested in-house, ensuring that every part of the game is of the best possible quality. We are confident that this game will be in your collection for years to come.
- Aeon’s End: Legacy builds on the existing Aeon’s End universe by introducing a rich and engaging narrative experience. It allows players to make meaningful choices during and after every game that will impact the rest of the campaign.
- The main plot line of Aeon’s End: Legacy involves the players developing from apprentice mages to full-fledged breach mages. Players will make meaningful choices about how their character develops after each game. There are over 500,000 different possible character configurations. At the end of the campaign, you will be able to use the mage you have built to fight the nemeses from other Aeon’s End games.
- At the end of each chapter, not only will players upgrade their mage, they will also gain access to new and more powerful market cards which will allow them to advance and adapt their strategy.
- Aeon’s End: Legacy is the first legacy deckbuilder. Since Aeon’s End does not use a traditional gameboard, many innovative legacy-based mechanics were created by the design team to recreate all of the aspects that people love about legacy games.
- Unlike other legacy games, once the campaign is finished you can replay individual scenarios and nemeses as many times as you would like. Additionally, over 80% of the content is compatible with other Aeon’s End games. That amount of compatible content is roughly equal to the amount of content provided in Aeon’s End and The Depths combined.
- All of the art assets are complete and ready for immediate upload after the project funds.
- Prices include US shipping. This project is also EU & Canadian friendly.
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Every month, tens of thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects in dozens of categories.
A person who supports a project is called a "backer." The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge."
In return for your pledge, we (the creators of the campaign) are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $65 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the game along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
- Step 1: Read through the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page.
- Step 2: Click the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of the trailer video at the top of this page.
- Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends and family. Also, be sure to like Indie Boards and Cards on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates about this project and more!
- ADEPT: (Pledge $65 or more) One copy of Aeon’s End: Legacy with all of the stretch goals, including the Buried Secrets expansion. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- PRODIGY: (Pledge $130 or more) One copy of Aeon’s End: Legacy and Aeon’s End, The Depths, and The Nameless expansions with all stretch goals, including the Buried Secrets expansion. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- DEFENDER OF GRAVEHOLD: (Pledge $130 or more) One copy of Aeon’s End: Legacy and Aeon’s End: War Eternal, The Void, and The Outer Dark expansions with all stretch goals, including the Buried Secrets expansion. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
- BREACH MASTER: (Pledge $195 or more) One copy Aeon’s End: Legacy, Aeon's End, The Depths, The Nameless, Aeon's End: War Eternal, The Void, and The Outer Dark with all stretch goals, including the Buried Secrets expansion. This is all of the Aeon’s End retail products. Shipping included in the US. Other shipping pledge rates based on location. For additional copies in the US and international, check our rates below.
Our plan is to have a limited number of Aeon’s End: Legacy available at Essen with all the stretch goals from this project. We will not be taking reservations as in years past, everything will be first come, first served at Essen. If you would like to get the rewards from this project, we suggest you back through kickstarter!
While our current production schedule looks like Kickstarter rewards will ship out well before Essen, it may be the case that we have games at Essen before the Kickstarter backer copies are sent. It may also be the case that we are unable to get games to Essen in time. I wish we were able to absolutely guarantee results, but we simply know that we can't make such commitments when so many other parties are involved in the process.
If you still want to try Essen pickup – DO NOT PLEDGE FOR THIS PROJECT.
Risks and challenges
This is the 41st Kickstarter project from the combined teams behind Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games. We have learned how to streamline the game publishing process and have successfully delivered all of our previous Kickstarter projects to thousands of supporters. Our previous experiences will enable us to also deliver this project on time and we have every confidence that Aeon’s End: War Legacy will be on schedule and of the highest possible quality.
That said, there are always complexities and considerations in a project of this scope that may cause delays. Indie Boards and Cards & Action Phase Games will use contract manufacturing to make this game, freight forwarders to get games through customs, and 3rd parties like Amazon, the US Post Office, and FEDEX to ship the games to you – we don't control everything and there are lots of opportunities for delay. We have a track record of making everything work out for backers in the end – so please be confident and supportive of our efforts to get this great game into your hands.
We can refund you within 14 days of the campaign’s end, fees included. After that, we have a policy of no questions asked, though that’s minus 20% for Kickstarter and payment processing fees (which we can’t get back from them after 14 days). However, if we’ve begun packaging your pledge for shipment (usually 4 to 6 weeks before the actual shipping date), no refunds are possible. If a component cannot be delivered AT ALL, we refund that completely, including fees.
All refunds after the 14 days close of the campaign may be processed via PayPal or reversed via Stripe to your credit card at our discretion. Refunds within 14 days are reversed via Stripe to your credit card.
This project is being funded in USD and any refunds processed will be in USD for the exact amount received in USD, excluding any applicable fees depending on the time of the refund being processed.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
If you do not log in and submit your project survey results (ie, provide us with your shipping address) for your pledge within 8 weeks of our notification, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge (at additional cost for international backers) if you complete your project survey after the 8-week window has elapsed.
If you do not accept these terms, please do not pledge on this project but instead wait for the general release.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter