- Oct. 26th declared “Day of the 1773 Ghost Lights"
Thanks you to our 1773 backers. Because of you Knite has been funded and is on it’s way to Wii U, PC, Mac and Linux!!!!
But we’re not stopping there. Thanks to helping us hit our stretch goal, we are taking the campaign to Steam via Greenlight!
Did you miss out and still want one of the really cool rewards?
Below here is all the original kickstarter information.
What is Knite & The Ghost Lights?
Imagine taking a hand-crafted world and turning it into an amazing side-scrolling adventure. Knite & The Ghost Lights delivers a mixture of adventure, storytelling, and action from games we know and love like Metroid and Castlevania, but with a completely fresh feel for today’s gamer.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: EVERY pledge gets all previous rewards - All of our pledge levels include every reward form the previous levels. There has been a little confusion since we have added pledge levels after the fact and it messed the flow up. Rest Assured you get your pledge level with everything before it.
Wii U support - ATTN: We are unable to tweak the wording on the existing tiers. EVERY TIER from $35 up WILL get a download for Wii U. The wording sounds like it's only the $35 tier. It is every tier from $35 and up.
$25 gets you all Four character books - again sorry about the wording. You do get all three
Knite & The Ghost Lights is unique take on the classic side-scrolling action adventure game - filled with puzzles, platforming, hidden surprises, tons of magic and exploration. One of the most fun and unique features is the way the game lets you play with light and music to control your surroundings. Be ready to experience:
- Beautiful hand-crafted environments with meticulous attention paid to every detail
- Unique use of lighting that plays an integral part in gameplay and puzzle solving
- Lush music and soundtrack that is seamlessly woven into the story and gameplay.
- Eccentric cast of characters that truly bring Mistland to life
- Unparalleled level of realism and depth – all game objects built from real-life models
Mistland is populated with an eccentric cast of main characters, including Knite, The Witch Sisters (Kiki and Mora), Xavier, and Wilhelm. The characters represent a diverse set of races that live together and Mistland, and are complemented by variety of equally fascinating supporting characters. Keep reading to learn more about your favorites, and visit the Mistland Wiki to go even deeper.
- Knite – Knite is a little marsh imp who lives in the southern part of Mistland in the marshes known as Knitemire. Like his great grandfather and the generations of his ancestors Knite is a ghost piper. For many thousand years ghost pipers have played melodies during full moons and other special nights to guide lost souls through the darkness. Diagnosis: reluctant hero.
- Kiki – Kiki Grimoire is a young witch. She is a huge fan of old time forest witches and wants to be the greatest witch of all times. She doesn't really understand what's good or bad, she is simply fascinated by witches, black magic and ghosts and lives in her own world of demons on white horses and epic spells. Diagnosis: nice witch.
- Mora – Mora Grimoire is a young witch to, but she makes messes everywhere she goes and just enjoys doing nasty things. She knows perfectly what's good or bad, but she just likes being bad. Diagnosis: wannabe villain in-training.
- Xavier – Xavier de Selva de los Duendes is an old Aztec fiend or a goblin. A gunslinger who smokes mist herbs and drinks cactus rum, a former robber, headhunter, vagabond, etc. Diagnosis: ill tempered son of a bitch.
- Wilhelm – Wilhelm "William" Eik is an old oak stump. Grumpy and unkind, he hates everything and anyone. Diagnosis: unbearable piece of wooden crap.
NEW - Xavier will draw a picture just for you!!!!
Off to the sea:
Knite Theme - version 1:
The comet is to Come:
The Back Story - Mistland
Knite & the Ghost Lights is set in Mistland, a magical world with a unique visual style that will take your breath away.
Mistland has a rich mythology and history all its own. We only have time to touch on a few of the more notable tales in this Kickstarter overview, but for the full back story of Mistland lore check out the official Mistland Wiki.
Ghost Lights – The Ghost Lights - also called "ignis fatuus" or "will-o-the-wisp" - are often seen in Mistland and surrounding places at night, especially over bogs, swamps or marshes. These lights are the lost souls of sinners, self-killers, heretics, witches, abandoned babies, and other people who died in the woods. These souls in the form of green fireflies wander without a rest and suffer in despair. But when Knite plays his melodies some of them have a chance to awake from their despair and reborn again as innocent souls. This special ghost piper melody is a key for them to get released from pain and start over.
The original concepts for Knite & The Ghost Lights were based around building a point and click adventure game, but as time went on we thought the faster pace and more fluid gameplay of an action adventure would make it even more engaging. However, there were a lot of challenges: because all of the environments and characters are handmade, the amount of work the that goes into something as simple as just making Knite walk is quite substantial.
And that's why we're launching this Kickstarter, to help us finish the game and share it with the world. Our lead designer's apartment is literally full of clay! Because each completed set takes up a ton of space, we're even trying to secure an extra room to hold all of the sets, characters, and models for the game.
FINAL 48 stretch goal update:
38k we will send everyone at $10 or more a special thank you digital fan pack of new unique avatars and wallpapers.
40k we will rush are push onto Steam. If we are accepted on green-light at the $35 level will be expanded to you choice of a Wii U download or a Steam Key. Again, only if it goes green light. There is no guarantee but at 40k we will get things moving and do what we need to to prepare a greenlight campaign.
You get you every reward that is lower than the level you choose. It's automatic!
UPDATE - Wii U officially added to launch targets.
We will launch Knite & The Ghost Lights first for PC and Mac (and potentially another big game console to be named soon), due the to more advanced capabilities and available graphics power of those platforms. At the same time, we’re already looking at options for scaling down to mobile devices in the future (see stretch goals for more detail).
We've got a small but dedicated team working knite and day (pun intended) to help turn the vision of Knite & The Ghost Lights a reality. With a project this large and ambitious everyone is deeply involved in the creative process. From designers and artists to programmers and producers, we're all working to help bring Mistland to life! The Mobot Studios team is:
About Mobot - (Mobot Studios LLC)
In 2012 Mobot Studios made its debut by building the critically acclaimed "Paper Monsters for Crescent Moon Games (iPhone and iPad). At time, Paper Monsters really pushed the boundaries of mobile gaming by featuring a fully 3D modeled adventure platformer on a handlehld device. At the time there was nothing like it and Apple quickly featured it as editors choice. As an Editor’s Choice app; it was also very well received by the press. We are now ready once again to do something that a lot of people say just wont work.
Praise for Paper Monsters
"if you’re looking for a gorgeous-looking platformer with that pick up and playability, you’ll find everything you need and more with Paper Monsters"
- STUFF Magazine
"From the gameplay to presentation to control, Paper Monsters is a real treat for iPad owners"
- USA TODAY
"The controls are masterfully crafted" "a fresh, original soundtrack add those special touches to an already solid game"
"Paper Monsters is one of the prettiest games to hit the App Store in a long time"
Risks and challenges
We feel that the biggest risk to the project has already been mitigated by our gameplay samples, which are really our proof that this somewhat ambitious concept will work well.
Now the biggest challenge is simply building out the rest of the sets (which take up a ton of physical space) and fine tuning the gameplay.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)