***NEW GOAL: $2,500***
What's it about?
Cady has gone all out for Henry's birthday: champagne, candles, and an extremely beautiful and expensive piece of lingerie. So expensive, in fact, that she wants to keep wearing it, much to Henry's frustration. When Cady doesn't feel like Henry appreciates her gesture (and hotness), a classic relationship bump-in-the-road ensues. A sexy, adorable comedy about the moment we all overshoot a little to impress someone we really like.
Who made it?
Anna Van Valin, a classically trained New York actor, got sick of waiting for projects that excited her - so she decided to write one. She was also sick of seeing some of her most creative colleagues (especially the female ones) not getting to show off their stuff - so she decided to enlist their help. Enter director/comedienne Paige Jennifer Barr, cinematographer extraordinaire Marian Dealy, on-fire fashion designer Abigail Stewart, and a whole crop of other creative geniuses, and we made a fine little movie.
You can read more about why Anna made the film in her article "I Hate Romantic Comedies: why I made a romantic comedy" here.
Check out stills from the movie here.
Where will your money go?
The movie is already made. You aren't throwing money at a hypothetical project. It's done, baby. What we need now is funds to show it: specifically printing and postage costs and film festival entry fees. This goal is our bare minimum to cover those costs and submit to ten film festivals. And if we don't make the goal, we get nada!
Why should you give us your hard-earned money?
Oh, so many reasons:
- To support new work
- To support female filmmakers
- To support a group of brilliant artists working in many fields
- To support a film showing a realistic interracial couple (ie one that is dealing with being a couple, not "being interracial")
- We could all use a little more humor these days
- It's good for you! As they say in Avenue Q, "When you help others, you can't help helping yourself."
- The Jurassic Park cake is pretty awesome
- Written and Directed by Anna Van Valin
- Director of Photography and Edited by Marian Dealy
- With Anna Van Valin and Charles Brice
- Sound by Katie E. Henry
Support this project
- (30 days)