We’ve dubbed Weeger Spice "the only spice you'll ever need", but we promise this is not out of arrogance. It’s because of its versatility and ability to make dishes uniquely delicious.
Our blend of spices tastes exotic and familiar at the same time--that is to say, the spices are individually found in most cuisines, but blended together, they take on a whole new identity!
A common reaction we've received when people have tasted it is, "What is that?" (in a good way.)
The inspiration came from our love of food from the Xinjiang province of China, in the northwest of the country. It's a region with strong Turkic influences and was historically a point in the Silk Road route. By dint of the fact that the region was a cultural crossroad, its flavors work beautifully with all cuisines. Weeger is our phonetic spelling of the name Uyghur, the people who live in Xinjiang.
We're gearing up for our very first production run and this is where we need your help.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
The money we raise will pay for raw materials, ingredients, equipment--like an industrial spice grinder, and commercial kitchen space.
- Equipment: We will need to purchase a commercial spice grinder. This little guy just won't cut it on a production level.
- Ingredients: We're committed to using high-quality ingredients! We want to provide organic, non-irradiated spice blends.
- Packaging: The spices are beautiful and need to be brought to you in packaging that highlights their appearance. We want to seal in the freshness that preserves the flavor and aroma.
- Reward Fulfillment: We're excited for the chance to share our spice with you. A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into it, but not literally. Only safe and tasty ingredients are in it.
- Shipping: Wouldn't it be great if we could deliver straight to your door and give you a big hug? We will do that whenever we can, but we'll have to ship when we can't. It's fun to get packages in the mail, too!
We look forward to bringing Mei & Mo's Weeger Spice to your kitchen!
music credit: Cherubs (Instrumental Version) by Josh Woodward
Risks and challenges
The "Mo" half is raising a bright, vivacious 5 year old as a single mom, and the "Mei" half works in publishing, so we're both juggling full time jobs. It's likely that we'll have late night kitchen production runs. We will tackle this by finding babysitters to help out from time to time, so we can both produce in our commercial kitchen space . We will budget carefully to use each dollar in the smartest way to secure high-quality ingredients and equipment.
Fulfilling the incentives will take planning, time and energy, but we feel confident that working hard on weekends and at every opportunity is a great way to thank you for your support. We are prepared to spend a few weeks in crunch mode to fulfill each and every order.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)