THE GAME: MECHANICS AND LORE
To learn more about the lore and mechanics of Song of Swords, please visit our website! Here's a brief introduction on how combat works:
THIS PROJECT: WHERE DO YOU COME IN?
We have developed the rules and lore of Song of Swords in collaboration with dozens of like-minded gamers. Their input has shaped everything, from combat design and weapon balancing, to racial abilities and the character and tone of Vosca. This project has been a true community effort: we invite you to join us!
Your support of this project will go towards:
- Refinement of rules and content in the Core Rulebook
- Artwork that will breathe life and context into the game
- Design and layout of the Core Rulebook and other project materials; and
- Most importantly, getting Song of Swords in print.
Song of Swords isn't your run-of-the-mill RPG. We want to deliver the best product we can, which means high-quality art, accurate depictions of weaponry and armor, and a beautiful printed product.
We have long-term goals of turning Song of Swords into a much more expansive game in the coming years, but this is the first step—and we need you to make it happen!
We are a group of friends, all avid gamers, who share a passion for creating new tabletop experiences for our friends and fellow enthusiasts!
- Zach aka Claymore: Zach is the President and co-founder of Opaque Industries. He is a former employee of Chaosium (Call of Cthulhu) and has worked in the gaming industry for five years. Zach works alongside James to design the rules for Song of Swords.
- James aka Jimmy Rome: James is Lead Game Designer and co-founder of Opaque Industries. He has been running iterative tests on Song of Swords with our robust community for years, and brings the creative vision of Vosca to life.
- Taylor aka Bones: Taylor works in the mobile game industry, and serves as Art Director and Project Manager for Song of Swords. He works with our artists and layout team to deliver high-quality visuals for the game.
Backer rewards are outlined in detail below. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions!
Add these items on to your existing pledge level for the costs outlined below. There is no pledge level minimum for including add-ons! We will send out a survey after the Kickstarter to determine which add-ons you intended to get.
- $15 Printed Core Rulebook (black & white, softcover, 6x9)
- $39 Printed Core Rulebook (color, softcover, 8.5x11)
- $59 Printed Core Rulebook (color, hardcover, 8.5x11)
- $15 Printed NPC Army Deck 1 (60 cards)
- $15 Printed NPC Army Deck 2 (60 cards)
- $15 Printed Armor & Weapon Deck (60 cards)
- $15 Printed Monster Deck (60 cards)
- $10 Printed Gamemaster Screen Inserts (color, 8.5x11)
- $6 Printed Map (color, 18x12)
International Shipping for Add-Ons
Shipping is included for US Backers, however for international Backers, each printed add-on will need an extra USD $10 added to the pledge.
How to Change Your Pledge Level
To change your pledge amount, visit the project page and click the blue “Manage" button that appears next to your pledge amount and then select "Change your pledge" on the following page. Click here for more information!
Shipping and Fulfillment
Risks and challenges
There are risks with every project, though we are confident that we will complete Song of Swords to the quality level we've set for ourselves by the expected delivery date.
The Beta rules (free to download at www.songofswords.net) are mostly complete, however we intend to refine how the rules are presented. It will take time and a healthy serving of playtesting to make sure we nail them just right. It's taken our team a while to get to this point, however in this time we've learned so much--about the realities of game development and delivery--and we now have the tools available to deliver the project. We have a schedule, but it is possible there could be delays.
This will be our first printed product, and we have done extensive research on the common pitfalls of printing and shipping. By partnering with DriveThruRPG, we are able to manage those risks more easily. Whether we have five backers, or five thousand, DriveThruRPG's POD platform simplifies this process. However, despite our careful planning, there will inevitably be lost or late packages, and we will be open about delays and how we can help put things right for our Backers.
No matter what we're getting this product out there, and in your hands.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)