About this project
Blue Falcon is traditionally used in the military as an alternative to the term Buddy F#$%ker.
EXAMPLE: You're standing in formation and First Sergeant asks why Johnson isn't present. That guy who raises his hand and says he saw Johnson going home with a stripper... that's a Blue Falcon.
Remember, in any group there's always one, so if you're in a crowd of people and can't figure out who the Blue Falcon is, there's a pretty good chance it's you!
Now, for the first time, the War Games team has created a card game that embraces your inner Blue Falcon.
How to Play:
1. In Blue Falcon, you take on the age-old military tradition of screwing over your buddies. Players will try and acquire "blue falcon" cards and play them to eliminate their opponents. Last player standing wins.
2. There are 4 types of cards. Action (Offensive & Defensive), Character, Wild, and Blue Falcon cards. Action cards are played as written. Character, Wild, and Blue Falcon cards are played during your turn only.
1. Remove all BF cards from the deck. Each player draws 3 cards into their hand.
2. Return BF cards to the deck and shuffle.
3. Play starts with the youngest player and goes clockwise.
1. Players may play 1 character card and/or any number of event cards if they are able. Cards must be played one at a time and the actions resolved before another is laid down.
2. As cards are resolved they are placed face up in the discard pile. Cards that require multiple plays to resolve stay in the middle of the table until completed. (Example: “Dependa” affects all players end of turn draw, so it is not discarded until play returns to the original player who laid the card down)
3. When players are eliminated their cards are given to the player who knocked them out. Last one standing wins!
The War Games team has partnered with the incredibly talented Megan Willcoxson, a former sailor who created the popular comic "Scuttlebutt."
You can check out her comics here:
In order to make this whole thing we’re asking for $9,000.
We know that seems like a lot, but that will cover our minimum printer order, shipping to our warehouse, fulfillment costs post-campaign, printing for the branch posters, and Kickstarter’s 5% cut and 3% processing mandatory fees.
All the members of our team are either active duty or veteran military personnel, and while Blue Falcon has a distinctly military flavor, we've designed the game to appeal to everyone. The mechanics are easy to understand, the art is amazing, and the gameplay is fast and furious.
Our testers have said that "no game of Blue Falcon is complete until someone gets punched in the face!"
Legal Disclaimer: We do not encourage Blue Falcon enthusiasts to commit acts of physical violence (but it's really, really funny).
1. If we get to $11,000 we can add an additional 2 character cards and 3 action cards to each deck. All backers who receive a deck would get the additional cards at no extra cost.
2. If we make it to $13,000 we'll be able to add 3 character cards and 5 action cards to each deck!
3. If we reach $15,000 we'll reward everyone with 5 new character cards, 9 action cards, and 1 additional Blue Falcon card to each deck, allowing you to play with up to SIX people!
We’ll be producing our first run of cards with Printninja.com and shipping through Fulfillrite.com
Meet our Staff:
We’re very excited about the project, and with your help we can make this awesome game a reality.
Risks and challenges
The biggest risk with a game right now is that you're entering a market flooded with great, fun ideas. However the War Games team has already created the FUBAR card game, and 3 subsequent expansions, all of which have been incredibly successful.
Blue Falcon's primary artist is Megan Willcoxson, who brings an established fan-base with her to this project. Combined with the War Games/FUBAR group we believe the audience for this product is already substantial, and will only grow post-Kickstarter as we create additional content.
Our intent is to market the game to the military as well as the broader civilian market, through demos, contests, and word-of-mouth via social media and professional industry forums.
At the end of the day Blue Falcon is a fun, eye-catching game that we're confident our fans will love. The team is excited to make this project a reality.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)