Join Slapstick in helping to deliver another incredible festival celebrating silent and visual comedy in 2016.
About this project
The Slapstick Festival is an independent, not-for-profit, Bristol-based organisation, which produces the biggest, best and only Slapstick Festival in the world!
Previous Slapstick Festivals have included over 150 events and more than 36,000 people.
2016 promises to be our most exciting yet, with even more events than ever before, plus restored prints, exciting talks and films appealing to old and new slapstick comedy lovers alike, great accessible Bristol venues, amazing orchestras, and live performances from a wealth of celebrities.
We have been running for 12 years, working with an amazing team of experts and enthusiasts that include some very well known faces who give their time for free to support this amazing event.
Now we are asking for your support.
The festival is run by a very small team of mostly volunteers, who programme and produce this successful festival. It has grown dramatically from its original start in 2005 and, as it grows, so do our costs.
We need to raise £5,000 so we can:
* Transport and insure rare prints from international archives
* Cover the increasing venue costs, which will enable a wider audience to access
* Include world class musical accompaniments
* Commission new scores for the festival
* Increase accessibility for a new generation
* Improve print and projection quality
* Keep our tickets affordable
The festival has a 'Stand up 4 Slapstick ' fundraiser every year and gratefully receives some funding from the British Film Institute (BFI) and Aardman Animations. But in order to be able to achieve all of the above - we need you.
Please join us and become a Slapsticker. You can receive incredible rewards, including tea with the Goodies, VIP tickets with backstage access, exclusive access to events online, and help to fund this unique and special festival. Help us to inspire and share the wonderful onscreen and visual comedy which will keep Bristol - and the rest of the world - laughing for years to come.
Risks and challenges
Risks and challenges
The festival is a not-for-profit limited company, which has already got a mix of celebrities, amazing films and exciting theatre booked in for 2016.
We have planned out the fulfillment of each reward and will make every effort to stick to the delivery schedule stated. However, stock or shipping issues from our supplier may cause unplanned delays.
Rewards do not include travel, accommodation or food unless clearly specified.
In the unlikely event that a named guest is unable to appear due to unforeseen circumstances, the event will be rescheduled.
THE FINE PRINT
• You must be over 18 years old or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (who will count as your plus one) to attend any of the events offered as rewards
• Travel and accommodation are not included with any of the reward packages
• This fundraising campaign is all subject to applicable Kickstarter rules/regulations and applicable law. If any of this conflicts with our rules, we will work with you in good faith to give you a substitute reward.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)