War of Conquest launches on Steam Early Access September 20th
Good day backers --
There have been a lot of new developments since the last update. First off, War of Conquest will be released on Steam Early Access next Thursday, September 20th! The Steam store page can be found here:
If you have a Steam account, you can add War of Conquest to your "wish list" to be notified as soon as it is released. The Steam client is almost the same as the client that's available through warofconquest.com, with a few exceptions:
- Downloading updates will be much faster since Steam will download only the bits that have changed.
- You can use your Steam Wallet to buy credits.
- Small improvements such as the game documentation being able to open in an overlay within the game, rather than a separate browser.
Besides that there has been a steady stream of improvements and new features over the past few months, such as:
- I've written up documentation on how to play War of Conquest, available here:
- Each player's nation now has its own "home island", in addition to its presence on the main continent, and nations can raid one another's home islands in a new matchmaking mode. It's aimed especially at solo and casual players who don't necessarily have the time to put in to compete on the mainland, but makes a fun addition and a new way to gain bonuses for hardcore players as well.
The plan is for the Early Access release to last several months. During that time, with the increased number of players, I want to iron out the remaining bugs and fix any gameplay issues that become apparent as the game world grows busier. I'll also be looking for feedback and new ideas to help improve the game further.
Once the Early Access period is finished, War of Conquest's final PC release will be launched, and I'll turn my attention to finishing up the Android and iOS versions.
Once again, thank you for all the support!
Ps. Here's the updated teaser video: