What You Get
Runehammer Explorer Pledge ($5)
Asnar Explorer Pledge ($10)
The Backstory & Game
150 years ago a horrible plague called the Red Death swept the known world. When faced with the destruction of their entire clan some of the dwarves of Runehammer turned to a dark evil in an attempt to survive. Until recently that evil lay dormant, but now it threatens to engulf the entire region surrounding the Halls of Runehammer including the small town of Last Stop.
The game begins on a dark stormy night in the small town of Last Stop at the Inn of the Buxom Wench. (Multiple plot hooks are included to quickly bring the players into the game). The players quickly find themselves involved in a large battle as the town is invaded by an undead skeletal army. The aftermath of the battle begins them on their quest to explore the source and cause of the invaders, which is the Halls of Runehammer.
After a journey through the wilderness the brave adventurers find their way to the dwarven ruins of the Halls of Runehammer where they will explore multiple levels deep into the mountain halls and face many exciting and dangerous encounters into the dark below. The stretch goal sketch at the bottom of the page below will give you a hint at some of the encounters within the Halls of Runehammer.
Our 11th Project
The Halls of Runehammer is our largest and most ambitious adventure to date. The adventure is being written for the 5th Edition ruleset under the SRD license. It will be our 11th title we have released. Besides the main adventure module it will come with a minimum of 5 adventure map packs for the encounters that you can either print in high quality or use digitally with online gaming platforms such as Roll20. We have already released the Inn of the Buxom Wench as a stand alone setting on a pay what you want model if you would like to check it out on www.drivethrurpg.com.
The principal writing for The Halls of Runehammer is very close to completion. We are asking for your help and support to help pay for artwork and software costs.
All rewards and stretch goals will be fulfilled by www.drivethrurpg.com . When the PDFs and files are ready you will receive an email to the account you have registered with kickstarter with a code to download The Halls of Runehammer and all other rewards and products you pledged for. We are trying to keep our first kickstarter simple.
Stretch Goals (EVERYTHING UNLOCKED!)
- UNLOCKED - $300 - A 6th Map Pack for the Howl in the Night Encounter
- UNLOCKED - $500 - GM Aide Combat Encounter Sheets for All Combat Encounters
- UNLOCKED $700 – A 7th Map Pack for the Pump Tower Encounter
- UNLOCKED $900 – Expanded Artwork Pack #1 . This stretch goal would help fund expanded artwork for the adventure module.
- UNLOCKED $1000 - 8th Map Pack for the Undead Farm
- UNLOCKED $1100 - Pregenerated Characters. 2 Different sets of pregenerated characters to use with the adventure. PDF format
- UNLOCKED $1200 - Carpetbagger Adventure for All Pledge Levels. All pledges would get a complimentary copy of this adventure for the Shotguns 'n' Saddles RPG. For more info on adventure click here.
- UNLOCKED $1500 - A POD (A Print on Demand) Version of Main Book - Expected Delivery December 2017. Backers would receive a complimentary copy but would have to pay the actual cost and shipping through drivethrurpg.com .
Social Media Stretch Goals
- UNLOCKED 40 Shares & Likes to Pinned Post At the Top of: https://www.facebook.com/AHITGTG/
The URL of the pinned post is -> https://www.facebook.com/AHITGTG/posts/1302680369820902
Off the Beaten Path - A collection of 5 One Sheet Adventure Ideas and Hooks for 5E (PDF) . Off the Beaten Path can be used with The Halls of Runehammer or any other adventure or campaign you are using with 5E Dungeons & Dragons or other systems.
Risks and challenges
Over the past few years A Hole in the Ground Terrain & Games has released 10 titles on drivethrurpg and their affiliated websites. In this time we have developed templates, artwork, and built and established good relationships with a network of artists(local and nationally) and the staff of One Book Publishing. We have spent a lot of time and money as well in software and hardware to produce the games and maps that many of you have shared with us that you love and enjoy.
At this time we have no other projects in competition with the Halls of Runehammer. The Halls of Runehammer is our first kickstarter project. We are trying to keep our first kickstarter transparent and simple to avoid delay of delivery of the adventure module and stretch rewards.
Short of personal tragedy and injury we see no risks to the completion of this project. The principal writing for the Halls of Runehammer is close to being complete. The maps and artwork are the only major hurdles of the project remaining. We believe we can deliver this project by the end of August 2017 or earlier.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)