The Don Benjamin Project
The Don Benjamin Project
Don Benjamin is starting to make his new EP. We need your help to fund his project. Don wants to work with top producers and artists.
Don Benjamin is starting to make his new EP. We need your help to fund his project. Don wants to work with top producers and artists. Read more
About this project
Don Benjamin’s campaign will strengthen and draw out the attention he’s already getting from the fashion world to introduce him to the music and lifestlye community, while also increasing his visibility to a mainstream audience. Don Benjamin is a dynamic artist with an incredible story who will inspire audiences and appeal to a large demographic thanks to his crossover appeal.
- Generating awareness to target audience with online coverage of release dates, press releases, images, singles, videos and official site and social media profiles
- Online Listening parties on portals and influencer outlets
- interviews by phone, Skype, Twitter, email or in-person press
- photo shoots with various tastemaker music and lifestyle publications - produce 60-90 second visuals representing Don Benjamin for a “Who Is” campaign so fans can personally connect with his story. Each piece can be released (via social platforms) weekly counting backwards from the project’s release date
- Setting up a nation wide tour to perform and promote the debut album - NY/LA Media runs - Listening event + performance in various cities
Some Target Press features + placements COMPLEX: “Who is Don Benjamin?” (online), “Individuals” (print) FADER: “Gen F” feature (print) MTV: Buzzworthy, RapFix, University, Hive, PUSH (online) XXL: “Show & Prove” feature (print), “X-Rated” album review (print) ROLLING STONE: album review (online + print) OTHERS: online + print placements with Music: Billboard, CMJ, SPIN, Paper, Pitchfork, The Source, Vibe, BET Lifestyle: American Apparel (Viva Radio), Dazed, I.D, Nylon, Paper, V Magazine, Vice/Noisey, YRB, Urban Outﬁtters (LSTN + Music Mondays)
Target Music Festival(s) SXSW - Austin, TX [3/12 - 3/17] Coachella - Indio, CA [4/12 - 4/14 or 4/19 - 4/21] Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival - Manchester, TN [6/13 - 6/16] Pitchfork Music Festival - Chicago, IL [7/19-7/21] Lollapalooza - Chicago, IL [8/2 - 8/4]
Risks and challenges
When the project is fully funded, there won't be any real set backs. There would be delays on printing the posters and scheduling Skype calls.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (42 days)