About this project
Here is how Gridiron Thunder has progressed since our last update a few days ago. As we promised, you are about to get an absolutely awesome, over-the-top, crazy fun football game for your OUYA. And when the required period of exclusivity ends, Gridiron Thunder will be available for all Android and iOS devices. And now that final NFL rosters are set and the NFL regular season is about to start, our good friends in the NFL are getting involved. Here is what Dezman Moses of the Kansas City Chiefs just said:
We have only shown you a very small portion of what Gridiron Thunder is about so far. There is so much more coming!!! We will update you as other elements become ready to unveil. We just might let you play Gridiron Football against some of our NFL players and personalities when we launch our online play!
A few days ago, we posted a short video and explained that the foundation of the game was in place and that we would start to clean up the rough edges. Here are some things that show the progress we have made since our last post. We are very proud of our developers and the progress they are making. You are going to get an awesome football game!
Here's a short video and some UI elements from where the game was last week. While the visuals are still rough, a significant amount of the groundwork for the game, such as the AI, UI, mechanics, physics, data loading and controls, is already done and in place. While most of this stuff is not visible (as any game developer knows), the key to a great game is a great foundation and this is where we focused our efforts.
During the next few weeks, we will clean up the rough edges that you now see and add local multiplayer, fantasy teams, and online multiplayer.
Here's a Shout-out from Scott Fujita who is one of our most stalwart friends and supporters.
Many more Shout-Outs and updates about the game to follow.
We are creating a new Indie pro football game called Gridiron Thunder for the OUYA, other Android devices, Apple devices and Facebook, and we need YOUR SUPPORT!
Gridiron Thunder will offer much more than your typical sports game. It will be chock full of fantasy football elements, NFL players’ social media posts, and real-time sports news, scores and stats as well as an unbelievable football experience.
Gridiron Thunder is new and modern.
We are starting with a clean slate and we are incorporating all the fantasy football and social media elements that people have come to love.
And by using modern game development methods we are developing the game quickly and we will release it this Fall, just in time for the excitement of the NFL season.
We are experienced game developers with strong track records of building great games . . .
We work with NFL personalities who know sports . . ..
- We have license rights to display real-time football news, scores, and stats, including play-by-play...
We grew up playing sports games.
And we are now going to build and deliver a killer football game.
And pro basketball and soccer games are next!
The initial release of Gridiron Thunder will be on September 15th, and we will then update the game each week with new features.
We want Gridiron Thunder to be the most immersive football experience out there and that's a tall order. One of the features that we are adding in is fantasy football. This won't be the regular fantasy football that you play with your friends and co-workers. Gridiron Thunder fantasy will allow you to actually play the game with your fantasy roster.
Additionally, we don't want you to be in the dark about what's happening in the real world while you're making a name for yourself as the baddest gunslinger in our game. That's why we are going to pipe in real-time news, stats, and scores into the game, so that while you are playing you'll stay up to date with the latest happenings in the football world. To make Gridiron Thunder even more immersive we will have live feeds coming into the game from some of your favorite pro football players' and personalities' social media accounts.
All of these features will be built into and around an eye-catching, easy to play, and extremely fun football experience that you can enjoy with your friends.
A big factor in deciding what features to add will be hearing about what you guys want to see in Gridiron Thunder. You get to tell us. And we will listen.
It's an Indie game people! It's about making it crazy fun for you to play.
It's going to be fast-paced and electric, and it will be continually evolving.
We want Gridiron Thunder to be the best football game experience possible.
And because OUYA will give us one dollar for every dollar that we raise on KickStarter, we get to deliver 2X the punch, if you support us.
More money means more action, more stadiums, more features, more polish, and more post-launch support for Gridiron Thunder!
More Money Means More Game For You!
If you guys fund us over $100,000 we will license some sick tunes to go into the game.
If you guys fund us over $150,000 we will add more cheats and unlockable characters into the game.
If you guys fund us over $200,000 we will make the game playable over the Internet so you can play with your homies on the other side of the world.
If you guys fund us over $250,000 we will make it possible to build your own team and challenge other players with that team.
All backers of tiers over $45 will receive that class of reward PLUS the [ROOKIE OF THE YEAR] reward tier.
Double Our Fun(ds)!
We're participating in OUYA's #FreeTheGames Fund, created by OUYA to support developers making new and creative console games. OUYA will match your pledge dollar-for-dollar if we raise a minimum of $50,000, so help us get there and make a great game for everyone! To be eligible for this match, we commit that this game will be an OUYA exclusive for six months—no matter what. To learn more about OUYA, go to www.OUYA.tv.
List Of Titles Our Team Has Worked On
- Big Fly Baseball, MogoTXT
- MogoBall, MogoTXT
- Puzzle Agent 2 (2011), Telltale, Inc.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Fatal Conspiracy (2010), Ubisoft, Inc.
- Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (2010), Telltale, Inc.
- Sam & Max 301: The Penal Zone (2010), Telltale, Inc.
- Sam & Max 302: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak (2010), Telltale, Inc.
- Sam & Max 303: They Stole Max's Brain! (2010), Telltale, Inc.
- Sam & Max 304: Beyond the Alley of the Dolls (2010), Telltale, Inc.
- Sam & Max 305: The City That Dares Not Sleep (2010), Telltale, Inc.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Deadly Intent (2009), Ubisoft Entertainment SA
- Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal (2009), Telltale, Inc.
- Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay (2009), Telltale, Inc.
- Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan (2009), Telltale, Inc.
- Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood (2009), Telltale, Inc.
- Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God (2009), Telltale, Inc.
- Wallace & Gromit in Fright of the Bumblebees (2009), Telltale, Inc.
- Wallace & Gromit in Muzzled! (2009), Telltale, Inc.
- Wallace & Gromit in The Bogey Man (2009), Telltale, Inc.
- Wallace & Gromit in The Last Resort (2009), Telltale, Inc.
- Space Siege (2008), SEGA of America, Inc.
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 3 - Baddest Of The Bands (2008), Telltale, Inc.
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 5 - 8-Bit Is Enough (2008), Telltale, Inc.
- Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (2007), THQ Inc.
- Immortal Arena, Kixeye
- War Commander, Kixeye
- Crime City, Funzio
- Deer Hunter 2, Glu Mobile
- World Series of Poker: Texas Holdem, Glu Mobile
- Alpha Wing 2, Glu Mobile
- Gin Rummy, Glu Mobile
- Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, Zombie Studios
- Kingdom Age, Funzio
- SuperHero City, EA/Bioware
- Age of Champions, EA/Bioware
- Six Gun Galaxy, EA/Bioware
- SuperHero City, EA/Bioware
- Age of Champions, EA/Bioware
- Six Gun Galaxy, EA/Bioware
- Beat Me Up 1, Andrograde
- Beat Me Up 2, Andrograde
- Puzzle Sphere, Andrograde
- Aching Dreams 2nd Season, Andrograde
- Blob Bomber, Andrograde
- Death Wizard, Andrograde
- Click a Brick, Andrograde
- The Adventures of Balley, Andrograde
A big shout out and thanks to The Stone Foxes for letting us use their awesome track, Ulysses Jones. You guys rock, literally
Risks and challenges
If Aliens take over the world and outlaw all fun then we are screwed.
As long as we can avoid that and other apocalyptic disasters (zombies, locusts, Justin Bieber) we'll be good.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)