About this project
Risks and challenges
We're baring all the risk with this project, not the funders. We are making these now and will 100% complete the cases for 100% of the people who back this project to a successful funding. Our design is already done and proven with cases already being tested in public.
The worst case scenario is that we raise the money and the machines break. No worries, they're under warranty and we'll get replacements. That might set us back a few weeks to get you your case because we'll go back to operating our equipment by hand...but you can be damn sure we're going to make your case FIRST and support the people that have supported us!
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Aluminum face and back plates with steel stand off posts supporting the case all the way around and is less than 10 ounces with the phone in it (the phone weighs more than the case)
We manufacture the cases in Kerrville, Texas right here in the United States.
A few things....
1) Its metal, not plastic or rubber and it CANNOT be bent, folded, twisted or crushed. This is one strong case.
2) It protects your phone while NOT affecting the sound quality (muffled in some cases)
3) It is the only case that when you're in a group of friends, you can make the bet "whoever throws their phone the farthest doesn't have to pay for dinner" - you'll eat for free for quite some time.
No it does not. Its a common question and we're glad you asked it. A few things....
1) We've got friends at Apple (friends since high school actually) and we sent it down for A/B testing - we're all good.
2) The design of the case isn't just for looks (even though it is very cool looking) it is to allow the on board antenna to have direct access to the signal (not shrouded and encased in metal or waterproof plastic and rubber)
3) We personally have the case on all of our phones and we haven't dropped a call yet.
Oh, that's an entirely different Kickstarter campaign.