This project's funding goal was not reached on February 12, 2013.
About this project
Help create a new market in men's fashion.
- the first original men's stylish one-piece shirt with no tail the world has never seen, until now (a polo shirt AND underwear combined - patent pending).
- 100% Made in America - help boost the economy in USA
- made from premium quality DRY FIT fabric - same as the big boys use
- liberating and freeing - you'll never want to wear a regular shirt again
Amazingly, TAILTUX works for all kinds of sporting activities and lifestyles!
Whether putting kids on your shoulder, getting up and down from your seat in a airplane, at a dinner party or just sitting at your computer - TAILTUX just WORKS!
Hi - Thanks for checking out my new product,
As a professional golfer and instructor, I always have to maintain a neat and professional appearance. One day, I became really frustrated after I realized I spent more time fidgeting, tucking and constantly worrying about my shirt tail.
I figured there had to be a better solution, had an AHA MOMENT and came up with TAILTUX.
Having invented other products in the past, I dove right into the perfect design by finding a local seamstress, making numerous prototypes, sourcing the best fabric at LA's fashion district and ultimately finding a capable manufacture. Like other Kickstarter fashion projects, I checked all of the labels on golf polo shirts in clubhouses, golf stores and retail markets and didn't find one made in America. With your help, I'm gonna change that!!!
I cannot describe it, but once you try and see just how well TAILTUX feels and works, you can't go back to wearing a regular shirt. It's crazy how freeing and liberating TAILTUX makes you feel. You start to exude confidence which will give you a distinct edge in whatever you do!
Here are a few unique features:
Besides getting rave reviews from friends and family (of course), I launched TAILTUX at a recent (Professional Golf Association) PGA Trade Show and received tremendous feedback (see below), many sales orders and sold out almost all samples!
Besides being chosen as one of the top new apparel companies by the Golf Channelhttp://www.golfchannel.com/media/2012-pga-expo-las-vegas/#14, we picked up a major sales rep who has over 15 years experience in the golf industry. Sales will be done via our website online and through a network of national sales reps.
The fun part of designing a collection has begun. I have created four designs worthy of going to the market and need $10,000 for the first production run and to help create a new market segment in men's fashion.
Think how TAILTUX fits into your lifestyle or someone you know!
M - Chest 40, Waist 30-36, L - Chest 42, Waist 32-38, XL - Chest 44, Waist 34-40, XXL - Chest 46, Waist 36-42
A couple more pics
Here's the complete collection we hope to be able to make one day - with your help of course!
Once our campaign is successful, we will send an email for your TAILTUX shirt (size and style) and TAILTUX hat (size and style).
All orders come with free exchanges.
Also just want to thank Julianne and Brandon of SCENEWORK for really stepping up to the plate.
Your video, production and expertise are second to none!
Thanks for checking us out and your support. Sincerely, RJ
Risks and challenges
I started by thinking of how TAILTUX will fit every possible body shape. Then incorporated little practical niceties like a small pocket just above the waistline for, in my case, golf tees and ball markers. But you can put in anything you want.
My 25 years experience of engineering, design, manufacturing and bringing products to the marketplace combined with the clothing manufacturer I carefully have chosen which has over 100 years and many generations of experience in the textile industry gives me great confidence.
You're getting a polo shirt AND underwear with TAILTUX. And with your help am excited to create a new market in men's fashion industry. But wait there's more! I also want to create a basic T-shirt, button down shirt and an incontinence shirt.
We plan to sell direct to consumers through our own website. This will help the consumer like you avoid the huge mark-up most retail stores add.
We do plan to sell wholesale through established sales representatives. This is the "standard" way of getting new products into the marketplace. The reps have relationships with buyers forged over many years. We see it as a way to help boost the economy and keep people working in America.
Once our project is funded, here are the steps that we plan to take:
1) Order our custom woven labels & hang-tags needed for production. Estimated time of 3 weeks.
2) Production of our LIFESTYLE COLLECTION which includes four styles and four different sizes of each style. Also includes individual hand-inspection of each garment. Estimated time of 4 weeks.
3) Tagging & shipment of products. Estimated time of 2 weeks.
We're excited to get going, but there are also potential risks in execution. Here are some of the key risks, and how we plan to address them:
1) Overall Production and Quality Control. While I have complete faith in the manufacturer I have chosen to work with, we hope to eliminate manufacturing risk by paying close attention to the quality of our products. The best part is everything is done under one roof so it makes it super easy to manage!
2) Fabric Supplier. We are not concerned about fabric as our DRY-FIT fabric is the same fabric as the big boys use and trust me, there is plenty of it.
3) Shipment. We're shipping our products through the mail. There's general risk in reliability of shipping companies, but we'll make sure we keep track of where your order is at all times and communicate that openly to you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (25 days)