Why are plastic straws very bad?
- They can't be recycled.
- They release toxic chemicals.
- They spoil our soil, groundwater, and ocean.
- They affect human health.
- They threaten wildlife.
- They poison our food chain.
- They never go away. They just breakdown into microbeads.
- And many more...
California governor Jerry Brown signed a bill to reduce ocean waste and the use of plastic straws in the state on September 13, 2018.
With the move, California becomes the first state in the USA to restrict the use of plastic straws in restaurants. It takes effect from January 1, 2019.
More cities, states, and countries around the world are joining force to protect Mother Earth!
Why HiQ Straw?
- Pure material: 100% Silicone with no chemical additives. BPA free. Absolutely eco-friendly to Mother Earth and its inhabitants.
- Two-size fits all: For regular drinks, smoothies, and bubble/boba tea.
- Easy to carry: Bend, fold, tie, or twist them any way you like and store in its case — a sleek, specially designed case made with the same pure and flexible material.
- Seamless: Never have dirty buildup.
- Sturdy: No damage from chewing and stretching.
- Dishwasher safe: Safe between -40° F (-40° C) and 480° F (250° C).
- Soft Mouthfeel: Never hurt your lips and teeth. Safe for all ages.
- Easy to clean: No brush needed. Simply wash your HiQ Straw by hands under running water.
- Safe with all drinks: Won’t be corroded by acidic drinks.
- Less temperature conductive: Straw stays neutral temperature in cold drink and won't irritate your lips, gum, or teeth.
- Long lifespan: With proper care, HiQ Straw last ten or more years of use.
Risks and challenges
The challenge of this project is reaching the funding goal in such a short time in order to bring this truly ecofriendly product to people around the world. I cordially invite you to embark on this journey with me.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (43 days)