Stretch Goal 1 Unlocked!
WOW! You guys rock! Today we have unlocked the first stretch goal for the project: 2 Versus 2 Co-op Team Battle Mode!
The details of this mode are still being tested and finalized, but because the game already allows for the creation of temporary alliances in the regular free-for-all, Team Battle Mode is able to be implemented without changing much about the game.
Known augmentations to the game are:
- 2 teams (2 players in each team) will combat each other in a cooperative way to claim all 4 bloodstones.
- The "rotating starting player" aspect will still be present, however, turns will be required to change back and forth between teams each turn (meaning neither team will be able to take both of their turns one after the other).
- A new ability will be introduced that will allows the transfer of 1 or more bloodstones to your teammate.
- A player with all 4 Bloodstones to claim the Omega Stone will automatically win the game for that team.
- If a player with less than 4 Bloodstones claims the Omega Stone (causing scoring to be counted), the scores for both players on a team will be combined.
NEW features possibly implemented for this mode are:
- Teammates will still be permitted to attack or even kill each other.
- Increasing the number of starting Gemstones.
- Card trading between teammates (maybe only a team of Kings can do this?)
- Allowing "Self" targeted Focus Abilities to target your teammate (benefiting them).
- Allowing the "Heal Wound" and "Ylem Bridge" Abilities to target your teammate.
- Allowing "Instant Powers" to be used from your hand to benefit your teammate (this might have to be limited to once per turn OR maybe only a team of Revenants can do this?)
- Allowing a Revenants spawn location to automatically be onto a surrounding tile of their teammate.
- Possibly having another fire wall move (or a fire wall move again) when the Immolation Icon appears on the Omega Index.
The new features are still being tested and discussed. Join the conversation and let us know what would like to see for Team Battle Mode in the comments!
We will be testing this mode with some of you at Gen Con in less than 2 weeks! Hope to see you there!
Talk to you all again soon :D
Jason M. Allen